It's official: RTX 3060Ti

well in Canada, $500 for what is a mid range card? ouch... that plays titles at 1440p, barely....and of course sold out everywhere already....

BassTek memory express is all sold out (their website is broke if you show In Stock - go into the cards and they are out of stock)

It's a good deal if you compare to what else is out there right now. It's about $550-600CDN for the 3060ti. Sure that's a lot of money, but the 5700xt is the same price in Canada and is slower. The 3070 is $700 in Canada for 10%ish faster card. I get the statement that it's a pricey card, but I think it's the best price for performance card you can get that's even remotely in that price range. Especially when you consider ray tracing dlss it really pulls away from the 5700xt from a value perspective.

I'd also argue it doesn't barely play 1440p. Seems pretty comfortable at 1440p even with ray tracing and dlss on, I'd say it barely does 4K depending on title.

It’ll be interesting if scalpers is what ultimately saves B&M retail shops from being Amazoned out of business.

Was at a Microcenter yesterday and the sales guy let someone get to MSI Ventus 3060 TI and people almost rioted.

Since MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GAMING X TRIO was available today, I ended up buying one. 2x performance increase over my current GTX 1070 is really welcome and to me that's decent enough performance improvement. Should be good enough till RTX 4000 series. Paying almost double for RTX 3080 just feels a bit wrong. If it has more than 10GB of VRAM it wouldn't feels as bad but since it also dumps ridiculous amount of heat inside the case... Yeah... I'm going to skip the top end this time.

I couldn't find an official 3060ti owners club, but perhaps this thread can become one.

My queue-acquired EVGA FTW3 Ultra Gaming was just delivered and well, I love it. I haven't even opened it yet but just holding the box in my hands made me giddy! Ampere does exist!!! :LOL:

photo[3696].JPG

I couldn't find an official 3060ti owners club, but perhaps this thread can become one.

My queue-acquired EVGA FTW3 Ultra Gaming was just delivered and well, I love it. I haven't even opened it yet but just holding the box in my hands made me giddy! Ampere does exist!!! :LOL:

View attachment 325242

I guess there is hope after all. I am in the queue for one but haven't been notified yet.

View attachment 325242
So when did you put your name on the EVGA list?

I signed up on 12/1/20 at 7:03amPT.
So maybe there is hope for me. I signed up on 12/10. Having my druthers, I would get an EVGA card anyway. i don't need RGB lighting or anything like that. Just a workhorse card at a good price from a reputable manufacturer.

So maybe there is hope for me. I signed up on 12/10. Having my druthers, I would get an EVGA card anyway. i don't need RGB lighting or anything like that. Just a workhorse card at a good price from a reputable manufacturer.
For sure! I think quite a few people on the 3060ti queue are passing them up, hoping to get a 3080 from other sources.

How much is this card with you in Canada or Us? Is it available?
If it’s not expensive maybe someone could buy it for me for a fee and send it to Europe. If it was sent as a gift or as a small value, would I avoid paying taxes? I have 25%...
By the way, I'm from Croatia,EU, I don't know if you follow football, but at the World Cup, Canada won Croatia in Group F...I don't know who you're most excited about in the group...
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Graphics-Cards/Dual-Mini/DUAL-RTX3060TI-O8G-MINI-V2/

How much is this card with you in Canada or Us? Is it available?
If it’s not expensive maybe someone could buy it for me for a fee and send it to Europe. If it was sent as a gift or as a small value, would I avoid paying taxes? I have 25%...
By the way, I'm from Croatia,EU
That's illegal, anyway.

Yes, it's called tax evasion. It's illegal.
It is also illegal to sell graphics at twice the price of the recommended ones, in Europe they are very expensive and again vary from country to country ... a lot of it is illegal ...
it is also illegal to sell graphics directly to miners, so they are still sold

It is also illegal to sell graphics at twice the price of the recommended ones, in Europe they are very expensive and again vary from country to country ... a lot of it is illegal ...
it is also illegal to sell graphics directly to miners, so they are still sold
Completely wrong. Also doesn't justify your own proposed crime.

My RTX 3060 Ti started showing classic signs of memory failure today. At first I wondered why some black boxes appeared when I hovered desktop icons. Then in game:
20220418_090934.jpg

Also black boxes and even spikes across the screen from some in game models. Also driver crashed four times. After that I restarted my PC and it's been fine since.

I just hope that this was one off thing. At least there's still 1,5 years warranty left.

Otherwise bought a new graphic, all legal, it arrived to me yesterday...again rtx 3060
I guess 3dmark is ok considering the rest of the configuration...
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/74665194

Otherwise I started rdr2 and the graphics are a disaster, the game automatically set the settings to ultra, something is high and medium but still the graphics are really bad (although I'm at 1080p) and I get barely 60fps ... rtx 3060ti wouldn't help much either ...
I don't know why the graphics look so bad? And virtually all settings are on ultra...

Back