It's official: RTX 3060Ti

3060 Ti seems like a good card but if I'm interested in ray-tracing I'd go for at least a 3070

dlss/RT, tensor cores, nvenc encoder updates, power draw are all advantages of the new card.
I could imagine to some HDMI 2.1 vs 2.0b could be a plus as well (but maybe less than for the 3070 and up)

Is there anywhere where I can see a comparison of NVENC between the 1000, 2000 and 3000 series nvidia cards? That's some data i'm actually really interested in.
NVENC between 2000 and 3000 series is the same. 3000 series NVDEC gains AV1 decoding. That's about it between the two.

Nvidia has a matrix of supported formats.

Video Encode and Decode GPU Support Matrix [NEW] | NVIDIA Developer

It used to be a really browsable page, but now it's more tailored for a touchscreen (probably an iPad, is my guess).

EDIT: most interesting to me, is the MX series gets all decode and encode nixed out of them. I suppose it saves Nvidia the licensing cost, given that the MX series is always paired with an IGP/APU of some sort.

Dang this card was announced and launched fast. Looks to be a great value. As others have said, it sort of makes the 3070 irrelevant.

This card will sell like crazy. AMD needs to hurry up with their 6700 class cards.

Can someone explain where this fits in the market? With performance so close to 3070, what is the point of releasing this new SKU? (just wondering the actual reasoning)

and the nvenc generational updates usually come with a notable quality uplift.
I’m waiting for nvenc-new-new before I upgrade.
Either another encoding quality bump or some rtx voice upgrades would be valuable to me.

It’s nice that 1080ti performance has dribbled down to the 60 sku.
I don’t care about ray tracing or dlss right now, doesn’t do anything for the games I play.

I think a lot of people who wanted a 3080 a month ago will be happy with a 3060ti. Basically anyone coming from anything 2060/1070/980 should see a nice bump in performance. Not to mention most of those cards are selling for a nice chunk of that 3060ti msrp.
This is what upsets me most. 3080 was a class of performance that was finally a 4k60 level card supplanting the image sacrifices you needed to make woth the 2080ti, while costing a more reasonable figure. The 3060ti, if it turns out to be the only purchaseable nvidia card this year, is a far shot from those 4k60 fluid expectations. Unfortunately due to low inventory, people are going to just buy it because there are literally no options from any vendor right now.

This is what upsets me most. 3080 was a class of performance that was finally a 4k60 level card supplanting the image sacrifices you needed to make woth the 2080ti, while costing a more reasonable figure. The 3060ti, if it turns out to be the only purchaseable nvidia card this year, is a far shot from those 4k60 fluid expectations. Unfortunately due to low inventory, people are going to just buy it because there are literally no options from any vendor right now.
the hope I have is that they will have more 3060ti cards available at launch and therefore sell a bunch to people who need a gpu for their system, whether a new build or someone with an aging card, people who will actually be happy with the 3060ti. That way they aren't buying up 3080s when they are available, essentially taking them from people who actually want a 4k gaming card when they don't need a 3080, but buy it because nothing else exists.

I'm going to assume that there was no stock on this as well. Couldn't find them anywhere online.

....and struck out AGAIN. 0-4 with Nvidia launches and 0-1 with AMD this year.

I can't even get into the evga queue system...

Well, Nvidia got my 15 minutes this time around...again. What a joke.

That's a lot of inventory. I wonder if they are just having a hard time enabling the pages. I can't even do anything when I see the add to cart...just goes to a page not found.

LOL. you're kidding, right? 1500 cards is "a lot" ?!
No, they should have at least 50,000 cards at launch. there are so many people out there wanting to buy. I personally know 5 friends trying to get a card. Have tried at the 3070 launch, the Radeon 6800 launch and now this. They don't care if it's nVidia or AMD. They just want a current card.

LOL. you're kidding, right? 1500 cards is "a lot" ?!
No, they should have at least 50,000 cards at launch. there are so many people out there wanting to buy. I personally know 5 friends trying to get a card. Have tried at the 3070 launch, the Radeon 6800 launch and now this. They don't care if it's nVidia or AMD. They just want a current card.
lol, yah, you're right.

The provided links on that Reddit page still don’t work, so I can only assume they never did. Never even saw a 3060ti in any search results.

Useless.

The provided links on that Reddit page still don’t work, so I can only assume they never did. Never even saw a 3060ti in any search results.

Useless.
Newegg had some add to cart options but it was bugging out for me. Trying to get my bro in law a card and no go so far.

while none of the cards are available right now, I think the $399 ($409?) evga card is the one to get. Has a decent OC for founder's (or close to) pricing.

Looking at Reddit, seemingly BB Canada had their drop on time and some were even successful.

My local MC site shows a bunch of different model with limited availability as of right now.

My local MC site shows a bunch of different model with limited availability as of right now.
Same. I can see the inventory numbers slowly counting down, too. 8 SKUs currently there, with the FE having 25+ and the rest below that.

EDIT: what is strange is the most expensive ones seem to be selling out first. Some of those (the MSI at $490) had a lot of stock to start with.

Same. I can see the inventory numbers slowly counting down, too. 8 SKUs currently there, with the FE having 25+ and the rest below that.

EDIT: what is strange is the most expensive ones seem to be selling out first. Some of those (the MSI at $490) had a lot of stock to start with.
cambridge doesn't show #'s but shows 9 models as limited qty locate in store.

Picked up a 3060ti FE @ Microcenter Paterson, NJ They had about 200 cards in stock this morning. I saw ASUS, MSI, Nvidia in stock.

I tried this morning just to see if i could get anything for a new pc build. No luck, and still no idea what is going on with BB still so many coming soon listings. Meh, parts will continue to collect dust until can build i guess.

argh, didn't work for me. It kept on trying to force a store pickup for some reason, but no store has it. Dunno why it was so insistent.

Back