It's Official - FireFox is goin bu-bye! I cant stand it anymore.

i dumped fire fox too, lots of sites were "not working"

100% cpu usage on some sites, where IE and Opera handle it fine.

some sites javascript popups wont work

"everything" is made for IE i dont have a problem with IE, im using IE 7 now it works fantastic.

Weird, I've had no crashes with firefox and I run it on both my windows install and linux install. Opera I like but for some reason firefox just feals better to me. As for IE, well, I've tried IE7 beta and I like it, it's definitely heading in the correct direction but it's not quite there yet. I've had IE7 crash a few times and some things on some sites just not work. IE6 on the other hand I will never go back to.

Opera 9 beta 1 has site-specific preferences. You can turn off Javascript for certain sites. Just keep in mind, it's still in testing.

You can also use user javascript to kill functions that get executed on certain pages.

You pirates probably have Peer Guardian 2 in the background. I know that having it running will cause many sites not to load, such as Apple, Newegg, etc Check your firewalls and all that junk before throwing out the best browser ever.

made the switch to opera for many of the same reasons. a big one that you missed that someone else already covered is firefox's shitty handling of flash and shockwave, also embedded videos and the like. opera isn't perfect but it seems to handle these things much better.

i agree though, firefox was great for a long time. now they're just bogging the code down with useless crap.

I agree :(,

anyone know where to get a Firefox to IE port? (export bookmarks, history cookies etc

Yeah, I'm thinking of going back to IE as well. Firefox crashes too many damn time when my downloads are almost finished which drive me crazy. Does IE have any extensions?

alexheinz said:
You pirates probably have Peer Guardian 2 in the background. I know that having it running will cause many sites not to load, such as Apple, Newegg, etc Check your firewalls and all that junk before throwing out the best browser ever.
So you are saying that we are all pirates?

Back