It's November 8th at midnight. Where is MW3 on Steam?!?

It is a steamworks game, so it wouldn't matter where you preorder it from, you'd need to wait for steam to unlock it anyways.

Also a release date does not mean the game actually releases at 12am of that day in your time zone.

Huh... I coulda sworn it unlocked several years ago, I've been playing it for a very long time. One of my favorite maps was Broadcast!

It says "now available" in my Steam. I'm in Australia, so its currentl 5PM on the 8th. Fucked if I'm paying Steam's regional pricing to get it though, $100US, lol, yeah, fuck no.

It is probably unlocked in certain regions, PAL most likely, since I believe reports of it being unlocked are from Europe and Australia at the moment.

This whole thread = roflcopter.

Also, 9 hours past midnight? It's not like you could do what normal people do and sleep for 8 hours, then get up and play the game rather than being a grouchy bitch, lol.

Last edited:
It's 3:11am and the live unlock timer on Steam says 5:48 minutes

That means it unlocks and 9am Central Standard Time

You didn't think that the world revolves around YOUR time zone does it?

Happened with black ops as well, why did you expect anything different?

@MavericK96: You're right. Funny how I try to get a good conversation going & all I get is insults. Thanks dukes....

@collegeboy69us: No. I'm just saying that it should be released at 12:00am. No matter the time zone.

@xIronCrossx: I bought Black-Ops at Gamestop. I was able to play it as soon as I installed it.

Thanks for the the GOOD responses...

Heaven forbid people should have to wait a few hours to play a video game.

Wouldn't worry, that's an 8 hour delay of upset you will soon face. The game is garbage.

My biggest regret of the year, no my life actually.

It boggles my mind that people are angry at Steam for this... as if they decide when to release someone elses game. They will unlock the game whenever Activision tells them to.

If this is the biggest regret of your life, I envy you.

Oh no, there have been many painful, sorrowful events. The loss of life, loss of love and losing my house.

Playing this for ten minutes actually felt worse. £35 for 15 minutes of this bullshit. It has to be the most costly, painful mistake for quite sometime.

Living out of a gym locker was more rewarding.

I would be amazed if they use this engine again for another iteration.

@MavericK96: You're right. Funny how I try to get a good conversation going & all I get is insults. Thanks dukes....

Nothing in your original post signifies "conversation" at all to me. Just kinda seems like a ragepost.

surprisingly the game is getting mostly very good to excellent scores online...

I would be amazed if they use this engine again for another iteration.

I won't be. As long as the masses line up in droves with their $60 each year, I'd milk 'em for all their worth as well.

Not a surprise at all. A perfect example of why professional reviews carry little to no sway with me.

It's no real surprise, honestly. Remember that arstechnica article from last year for CoD:BO about all the special treatment the early reviewers got?

I thought this was the year where the CoD franchise would hit a speedbump in terms of reviews...especially in light of the universal praise given to BF3...I was expecting scores in the 75-85 range

Not surprising when reviewers get paid to spout bullshit.

Don't forget, $50 million to make MW2 or Black Ops, I forget which, $200 million spent on advertising.

That's a lot of coin going to review sites to advertise the game.

Back