Its High Noon! Red Dead Redemption released

Hey guys I got my copy of rdr today. If you can spare a spot for a new posse member send me a friend request on xbox live my gamertage is
yoboybrice

I tried to play earlier with no friends in free roam and I got my ass handed to me, plus I was riding a donkey lol... I'm willing and ready to posse up so send me a invite if ya want

I finally won the game this weekend. I have to say that the game slows down a lot once you complete Mexico. I wasn't really happy with the entire section of the game up north.
I loved the first 60% of the game, but I'd say it definitely loses steam and they stop really adding anything new earlier than I expected.
Well worth the money and a definite time waster, I think it's a franchise they can keep around and keep making spin-offs to.

possible spoiler below so dont read if you haven't made it to the end
(im not sure how to make it so you only see words when you highlight)

did anyone get the creepy glitch with the extra beat up son in the barn. Its the graphics from the bear mission. his bloody beat-up head follows you but the body does not move. if not, you can youtube it to see. With so many getting it, i wonder if they knew and left it in. Cause it did creep me out a little

Last edited:
I really hate the level of trolling in the game's public sessions.

- Votekicked by 2 people ACROSS the map, while I was nearly complete on a hideout. Why even "risk" playing if this is going to happen?
- Spawn killed REPEATEDLY by level 50s (some PS3 player named ihatexb0xdeuche, haha). What's the point?
- Mic spam
- Etc.

I really hate the level of trolling in the game's public sessions.

- Votekicked by 2 people ACROSS the map, while I was nearly complete on a hideout. Why even "risk" playing if this is going to happen?
- Spawn killed REPEATEDLY by level 50s (some PS3 player named ihatexb0xdeuche, haha). What's the point?
- Mic spam
- Etc.

Short answer is this game is EXTREMELY popular and has sold over 5 million (approx) worldwide. With such an influx of gamers playing the game, you are surely being exposed to immature gamers who relish annoying you.

I play in private free roam (w/friends) and only public when achievements call for it.

Short answer is this game is EXTREMELY popular and has sold over 5 million (approx) worldwide. With such an influx of gamers playing the game, you are surely being exposed to immature gamers who relish annoying you.

I play in private free roam (w/friends) and only public when achievements call for it.

Yeah, but I'm shooting for the "Have Gun Will Travel" trophy. It requires being in a single public free-roam session.

Unfortunately, the votekick just happened again, within 5 minutes of me getting into the game. Is there some way to play the game and not draw this attention? All I'm doing is riding around and soloing hideouts. I am not shooting other players or causing any trouble (that I'm aware of). Any ideas?

Extremely popular? Everytime I get on to play, there is no one on. Most I've ever seen in a free roam session has been 6 or 7. Kinda lame.

Does this game have co-op mode for the original campaign? I bought this game on release day but still haven't opened it yet. I know they supposedly released some co-op multi-player DLC but I was wondering if it was possible to play through the main storyline with a buddy.

Does this game have co-op mode for the original campaign? I bought this game on release day but still haven't opened it yet. I know they supposedly released some co-op multi-player DLC but I was wondering if it was possible to play through the main storyline with a buddy.

Nope, single player only. Coop DLC is original though, some of it is similar to the missions you would do in single player (i.e. shooting stuff), but none of the single player's story.

I just picked up this game and I am having a blast. The world appears very much alive. I walked out of my house, one night, and I heard a big commotion. Two cowboys, on horseback, were riding through town, dragging someone behind them, and shooting their guns in the air.

I just stood there in awe ... it was great.

Played from 03:30-17:20 today... 30 minute break for breakfast and no lunch. It´s not rpg addiction or CIV one more turn syndrome but not to far behind :)

It´s great except that Rockstar holds my hand way to much... I am still getting these tutorial like messages all the time. A lot of the missions you get X:es all over the place and you are constantly told where to go and what to do. Very much like an interactive movie so you have to like that sort of thing. It doesn´t really let you discover things yourself. The exploring part is not the strongest side... Most are set pieces so you often just come across empty buildings where you can guess what kind of missions will take place here later on.

As for the story if you know your westerns you notice Rockstar aren´t really trying anything new just trying to give Western fans what to expect. I am also wonder if it´s more then Western movies they rip off. Isn´t Bonnie very similar to the Uncharted and Uncharted 2 girl? Just with a more annoying voice and less girlfriend appeal?

I am at Mexico now though I hope I haven´t seen the last of the Mcfarlane family. You can get back to the US through that bridge? I had to stop playing at some time but I couldn´t teleport to US I noticed.

As for combat I am getting tired of this taking cover shoot gameplay. It rewards a too defensive play style way to much. Before when you couldn´t take cover so efficiently in action games your blitz tactics was much more important. Getting a good surprise attack and downing your opponents before they get a shot at you rewarded more offensive gameplay or more skilled stealth gameplay. But then it´s of course is more realistic this way if you are after that. And the cover system works really well almost GOW class now. Mafia 2 may have a competitor in GTA V regarding shooting mechanics.

Can somebody help me with treasure hunting? There is no clues at what areas that picture comes from. I am constantly looking out for that bonzai tree to get from level 1 treasure hunter but the chance of finding it in this big world must be zero to null if you don´t know where to look? Thought I would have stumbled upon it by now.

The first one is just NW of Armadillo. It's on top of a hill with a tree/noose. It isn't too far from the American Appetites mission...just west of that area.
If you're really stumped, you can always get all of the locations from YouTube.

Can somebody help me with treasure hunting? There is no clues at what areas that picture comes from. I am constantly looking out for that bonzai tree to get from level 1 treasure hunter but the chance of finding it in this big world must be zero to null if you don´t know where to look? Thought I would have stumbled upon it by now.

The Red Dead wikia is invaluable for the treasure hunting challenge: http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Dead_Wiki

You dont need to cheat for them. There are slight clues in each map. Some may have a name to look out for or a particular landmark. If your not in a rush to beat the game, just try hunting them down yourself. Many of them, a mission will have you go to or near the location, like the first treasure map or the map of the house, when you get that.far

Looks like cheating is a must. With such a game world and no hint at what area to look for just about impossible! Will try to stay on the light side though after cheating the first. The second you are supposed to look out for some pot it looks like lol

Not necessarily. By the time I got into Mexico I automatically started looking for landmarks and made mental notes of strange rocky formations, trees with decorations\unusual shape, or any desolate area that had a name pop up on it. I found most of the treasure hunting spots by myself, then the rest from the RDR wiki. :)

Level 1 - Duh, it's a random encounter. Save/loot the treasure hunter to get the first map.
Level 2 - One of the first things I ran into was The Hanging Rock, so this was a no brainer.
Level 3 - Needed the wiki for this one, all I could decipher was Rio Del Lobo.
Level 4 - Another easy one; it's in basement of the Tumbleweed mansion, who hasn't been there dozens of times?
Level 5 - This landmark shows up a couple times throughout the game. Hard to forget a cattle skull on a tree.
Level 6 - I climbed up this rock formation in a public free roam game before hitting treasure hunter 6.
Level 7- Ojo Del Diablo, cannot miss it even if you tried. Just as recognizable as the hangman's rock.
Level 8 - Yeah, never would have found this without the wiki. First, there's nothing in that area in Mexico to begin with and its landmark is totally forgettable.
Level 9 - Broken tree. It's even marked on your map.
Level 10 - Who hasn't been in the bear cave in Tall Trees?

Last edited:
To the guy up above that says there has only been a max of 6 or 7 people online at once in his game, try unplugging your router and going straight from your modem to your ps3. RDR does not go well with port forwarding. It blocks alot of people from seeing your game online. or joining games.

level 3 was quite easy. It says ..... rock then you can´t miss it. Some more self esteem now ;)

God are those cougars sneaky... Was to hunt some boars so wasn´t expecting them. I got through some bushes and all sudden I hear a roar and my hourses dies instantly... what the heck happened...
Look around see nothing... Then I get attacked in the back... Up after what feels like an eternity... Just as I see him attack again managing to activate dead eye and getting him... Puh... Skinning and two seconds later getting jumped by a second one and killed.

yeah they are. Im doing the hunting mission for them and i have to knife kill and skin them. They kill me before i can do anything. think Im just gonna stay near my horse or on it, so they go after that and give me a chance to jump off and knife them

yeah they are. Im doing the hunting mission for them and i have to knife kill and skin them. They kill me before i can do anything. think Im just gonna stay near my horse or on it, so they go after that and give me a chance to jump off and knife them

You're better off putting a few bullets into the cougar first. If it tries to run away, you can lasso it to at least slow it down, catch up, and knife it. Same thing with bears (but actually easier as bears run way slower than cougars).

level 3 was quite easy. It says ..... rock then you can´t miss it. Some more self esteem now ;)

God are those cougars sneaky... Was to hunt some boars so wasn´t expecting them. I got through some bushes and all sudden I hear a roar and my hourses dies instantly... what the heck happened...
Look around see nothing... Then I get attacked in the back... Up after what feels like an eternity... Just as I see him attack again managing to activate dead eye and getting him... Puh... Skinning and two seconds later getting jumped by a second one and killed.

I took a ride down to rio bravo, to get some flowers for that crazy old guy, and the same thing happened to me. It was at night and I saw a pack of wolves, so I hit deadeye and start to line them up and my horse dies with me on it. I saw one crouching mountain lion, but not the other, that came up behind me and finished me off.

The worst part was I hadn't saved, prior to that, so I had to collect all the damn flowers again.

I am impressed by this game letting you do just about everything you could expect out of a western GTA... However one thing... Where on earth is the double wielding of oversized revolvers???

Finished the game now and certainly a GOTY contender... However where do you find beaver... Real beaver nothing corny here ;)

Finished the game now and certainly a GOTY contender... However where do you find beaver... Real beaver nothing corny here ;)

For the skins? Those were a bitch to find. They're up in that northeastern area by the river I think.

never got the big deal about this game saw my cousin play it & it reminded me of playing GTA 4 all over again

Beavers are up north by the river. Just buy some bait and set it by the bank and watch them come after it.

I was playing horseshoes in RDR for the first time today. I had been playing for about an hour and then all of a sudden my arm swing got really slowed down, making it really hard to aim and to gauge when to throw. Is this a glitch or did my 360 slim overheat? It's super hot here and my AC is broken. Just wondering. I quit the game and shut down fine, just curious if I should be worried.

To the guy up above that says there has only been a max of 6 or 7 people online at once in his game, try unplugging your router and going straight from your modem to your ps3. RDR does not go well with port forwarding. It blocks alot of people from seeing your game online. or joining games.

Any other info on this?

Just north of the last major town you enter (north east) along the river banks. There are beaver everywhere up there.

Anyone pick up the new DLC? I haven't yet, been playing the crap out of Vindictus :D

What are you thoughts? Do you think the content/price ratio was justly met??

New expansion DLC out. Looks very cool, however I was expecting it to have a multiplayer side to it. Oh well...

Just beat the game, it had it's up and lows, but wow, what an ending, hot damn.

Without spoiling anything, after the real ending, is there anything storywise left to do besides Stranger missions? I'd really like to see what happened to the Mexican Revolution of the McFarlanes, anything to do there?

Back