It's here!! DFI Infinity P965-S

can anyone please fill me in on their experiences with this board? Ziddey, how is it over your DS3? I'm still waiting for it to be in stock to order.

I had the DS3 and it kinda sucked for me....Sometimes it would boot with oc settings that I ran for weeks and then in wouldnt etc...Also it hard to clear the bios on it and a lot of little anoying things that I didnt linke....But I sold most of my parts in my sig and waiting for the p965-s to be avaiable for order on newegg :eek:

I just talked to a guy at newegg and he said these might not show up until monday.:(

yeah same here he said the shippment didnt get there yet and just to keep trying as they dont have an invoice stating the quantity of the boards that they are getting or arround what time etc.....I mean I dont want to spend my friday here inside refreshing their website :(

yeah same here he said the shippment didnt get there yet and just to keep trying as they dont have an invoice stating the quantity of the boards that they are getting or arround what time etc.....I mean I dont want to spend my friday here inside refreshing their website :(

yeah, no kidding. I hate to waste all this time sitting F5'ing, but I don't want to miss this shipment. Oh well, I'm not going to sit in here on a Friday night for a mobo.

this su**s......Any other mobos I should be looking at ? DFI dude told me next shipment of this mobo is mid may and Ive been without a rig for like 2 weeks now and its not fun :(

I'm probably the only one posting in here that is happy about that. I'm awaiting my newegg refund... so looks like it will work out just great.

I just chatted with a Jesus on the egg, apparently the shipment was canceled and there is no new ETA.

Shit, so there aren't going to be any for a while? Damn, I got my hopes up when I was told my somebody at newegg that it should be listed by Monday.:(

I contacted William Yang @ DFI San Jose and he told me the next shippment of these boards is mid may :eek: So I either need to find a new board or wait until then cuz the new ATI video cards should be revealed until then :) I dont feel like paying $190 for a quadGT from Abit or even more for the commando.....

I should of bought a couple extras when I snagged mine off Newegg the day they first had them on the site lol.

Damnit...this is freaking ridiculous. I'm gonna have to look for a different mobo now. I've been banking on this thing, anybody got any other suggestions?

what are you willing to spend?

what are you willing to spend?

I was hoping to not go over $150, which is why I liked this one. I'm not planning on doing SLI at any point, so that's not really a big deal to me, I do want an on board RAID controller and preferably 6 SATA ports. Don't care for any IDE, just want a good OCing board really.

I was hoping to not go over $150, which is why I liked this one. I'm not planning on doing SLI at any point, so that's not really a big deal to me, I do want an on board RAID controller and preferably 6 SATA ports. Don't care for any IDE, just want a good OCing board really.

Same here =( , I mean I was gonna get the DS3 then I heard about this board, and it sold out while I was contemplating getting it..

I had 2 days to order this board cause i was gonna wait for the intel cpu price drops before ordering it :(

that's what I'm saying newegg should have done. started it out at $200 for the first week. then bring it down to msrp. I'd be willing to bet my marbles that they'd still sell out before the week was over.

Thats what the newegg rep told me to do hahaha :)

BTW new rig is gona be the following

DFI Infinity P965-S
E6420 w/ Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
2 x 1GB DDR2 800 G.Skill HZ
eVga 8800GTS 320mb
Corsair HX620W PSU
1 x 74 GB WD Raptor OS 1 x 36 GB Raptor Games/Music
Antec 900 Case just picked it up locally for $105 this morning
SATA DVD burner

Will I have any issues with booting with the SATA Dvd burner? I wont be doing raid.....

I have the same system now but with an e6600. No issues with installing windows w/ sata

that's what I'm saying newegg should have done. started it out at $200 for the first week. then bring it down to msrp. I'd be willing to bet my marbles that they'd still sell out before the week was over.

no win situation for newegg, everyone conplains about them "gouging" new products and when they release one close to msrp they get it too:p J/K

Heres the reply I got from DFI San Jose

Thank U for inquiry DFI product !

1)DFI P965S was “SOLD OUT” / Next Shipment ETA: Around 5/10
2)It was for “Announcement Promotion with Limited Quantity” and this program was CLOSED OUT already !
BR

Truly’
William / DFI –SJ

Heres the reply I got from DFI San Jose

Thank U for inquiry DFI product !

1)DFI P965S was “SOLD OUT” / Next Shipment ETA: Around 5/10
2)It was for “Announcement Promotion with Limited Quantity” and this program was CLOSED OUT already !
BR

Truly’
William / DFI –SJ

That's some stylish reply.
Revolutionary.

lol, there will be newer chipsets out by then!

I guess it's good I sprang for the p5b deluxe today.

I would gladly go wo/ a rig for 2 weeks before settling for another board. This from someone who had DS3 and P5B. :p

Seriously though, when is the new chipset supposed to come out? I'm tempted to just wait for that if it'll be next month.

I would gladly go wo/ a rig for 2 weeks before settling for another board. This from someone who had DS3 and P5B. :p

Except we have already waited two weeks, so really it would be waiting a month.

Exactly. I'm tired of waiting, I'm just gonna have to go buy something else. The question is what.

That's pushin' it. Hopefully this board comes in stock soon or you guys get P5B, Quad GT, BX2, 680i, etc and score nice oc's. :D

Back