**It's DEAD, Jim!** Logitech MX518 $19.99 and more on sale at Best Buy

I picked up a Logitch G203, MX518 & 2 of the G600 MMO mice for my two gaming boxes (I can map all those buttons to spells, or in The Division - Food or Ammo). I may give the G203 to my son if it fits him better than the chinese RGB mouse I bought for him a month back.

Last edited:
Reactions: maro
like this
I snagged a $20 backup to my mx518, I hate having to mouse shop in a pinch.

like this
There is a Logitech keyboard for sale as well.

In case anyone had to come to the comments for a review or advice, this is literally the best mouse ever made. Literally. As long as you like the style, it agrees with any grip (fingertip or palm), the sensor is "outdated", but by the time sensors were upgraded to this level of precision, no one on the planet would be able to notice the difference in any real sense of accuracy.

For $20, you should buy 6 and never buy another mouse the rest of your lives. I bought 2, because my 518 died after 6 years of use last year, in which case i bought a corsair rival. It's adequate, and the lights are pretty, but I missed my mx518 so much.

Also, the 502 is fantastic at 15$. Not for my personal use, but it lights up so kids love them. I purchase it for 20-30$ for my cousin last year and he really enjoys it. Works nicely for their tiny hands.

TLDR: Buy one.

Huh? This is the new mx518 that just came out last year. I got one for Christmas and it was like $50 lol.

I bought one of these as a spare.

like this
I just ordered two MX518's.

I had the MX500, MX510, an original MX518, and a G-something that was very similar, but junk.

The shape and button placement are absolutely perfect, in my opinion (it could be just that I built my [limited] skills on these close to when I first started PC gaming). A tilt-wheel would be nice for two extra buttons, but they tend to never make them stiff enough to not get tilted when clicking the middle-button "in the heat of battle" so I'm glad it doesn't have it.

I have never gotten used to other mice and am constantly hitting wrong buttons and my "skills" have gone to complete crap as a result, so I'm really looking forward to this! :)

I forget which mouse it was, I think Razer copperhead but it used to have dpi switches on the side. Not a fan of splitting the dpi switches over the wheel but maybe my hands are too small. Was able to change it to my liking using LGS. I think it’s a great mouse but not enough functionality, weight, or ergonomics to be considered best of all time. I’ll probably be using it for a long while.

Basically I want a wired master with like 2 fewer buttons.

I forget which mouse it was, I think Razer copperhead but it used to have dpi switches on the side. Not a fan of splitting the dpi switches over the wheel but maybe my hands are too small. Was able to change it to my liking using LGS. I think it’s a great mouse but not enough functionality, weight, or ergonomics to be considered best of all time. I’ll probably be using it for a long while.

For me I usually set the dpi once and never touch it again. Those buttons are basically non existent to me. Ive always loved the forward and back buttons on the side ever since my mx510.

For me I usually set the dpi once and never touch it again. Those buttons are basically non existent to me. Ive always loved the forward and back buttons on the side ever since my mx510.
I do the same, except I then customize those buttons to page up/page down, then set the front thumb button to home and the lowest button by the wheel to end (this is a lot more handy on the desktop than one would think).

I had the other (rear) thumb button set to shift before because I rarely use the recycle bin and it made right-click-->shift-->delete a one handed operation. I might re-think that now though so I can use it for something else in-game besides a redundant walk button as some games don't allow separate left/right shift settings.

Not a fan of splitting the dpi switches over the wheel but maybe my hands are too small. Was able to change it to my liking using LGS. I think it’s a great mouse but not enough functionality, weight, or ergonomics to be considered best of all time. I’ll probably be using it for a long while.

I find those useful for FPS games, depending on how I'm feeling I may want a little more or less sensitivity.
So the button below the wheel increases sensitivity by 200 each click and the main middle button reverts it to my default dpi ~1600 (I have the above wheel button to decrease the dpi but I haven't needed to do that very often as just resetting to default is easier to do)

The MX510/MX518/G7 is by far one of the most comfortable mouse designs. I bought the new version when it was first released not too long ago and I decided to buy more since I had gone long stretches without a replacement since they had cancelled the previous one.

Last edited:
I'm still using my G5 at my desk (a lot like the MX518). I wish they made this dang shape in wireless still. Having to go wireless with a Corsair Lapboard I got, for using in front of the TV, drove me nuts. I loved the lapboard, but disliked all the new mice I got to try. Palm grip guy, they're narrower (i.e. the G502) and give me hand cramps. Rant off. The MX518 is so cheap I'm considering it, assuming it has updated optics as an excuse. I'd probably have to run over my G5 for it to break.

Last edited:
As much as I'm liking the 518 it's taking all of my willpower to avoid ordering that G703... last thing I need is another mouse around here but I really want to play around with a wireless mouse again, even though I suspect it will again devolve into being plugged in to charge all the time thus becoming a wired mouse and defeating the purpose.

I replaced my dead MX518 with a G502 and preferred the 518. In for two 518s and will bring the 502 to work.

Scored a used OG MX518 on Ebay for under $30, but just bought one of these new ones as a back up. I will test them out side-by-side to see how the new one stacks up against to original.

Scored a used OG MX518 on Ebay for under $30, but just bought one of these new ones as a back up. I will test them out side-by-side to see how the new one stacks up against to original.
The new one feels almost exactly like the OG. I had both plugged in and kept swapping back-and-forth whilst surfing the net and also playing some quick games on Kongregate (as a quick way to test some gaming). The laser is definitely more sensitive on the new version, if you raise the DPI with the buttons by the MMB. The OG feels ever so slightly heavier and that just feels more natural in my hand, but I played with the new one with that in mind, and it would be no big deal to adapt . The big difference seems to be the new version has a more pronounced arch where you rest your hand. I felt a different thumb grip feel to it and I think that is attributed to the body arch. I'll have to take some pictures to show this better; it certainly could be my imagination...

Last edited:
my mx518 showed up today. Much small than my trackball. It feels great, almost feels small in the hand but can basically press all the buttons without changing the position of any of my fingers. Scroll wheel though? :eek: I know some of you said it is breaking in, but my first reaction is WHAT THE F***? The mouse feels great until trying to scroll, then it feels like the cheapest mouse ever made. Seriously though, I'm not exaggerating. Other than that this thing is perfect, so hopefully it does indeed break in and not just break.

my mx518 showed up today. Much small than my trackball. It feels great, almost feels small in the hand but can basically press all the buttons without changing the position of any of my fingers. Scroll wheel though? :eek: I know some of you said it is breaking in, but my first reaction is WHAT THE F***? The mouse feels great until trying to scroll, then it feels like the cheapest mouse ever made. Seriously though, I'm not exaggerating. Other than that this thing is perfect, so hopefully it does indeed break in and not just break.

It does get better but meh. Its still noisy and almost as bad as my old mx518 got after 4-5 years of use.

I don't know that if feels that cheap as much as it sounds cheap, except for the chalky/scratchy feel in between clicks, which I think might go away over time.

As far as it's functionality goes it seems good. I've had several mice that don't scroll when it clicks or scrolls in between clicks, but this one seems pretty precise. Time will tell though.

One thing some people might not like: The travel before click (on the left and right buttons) seems longer than my last couple mice (a G700s and a Razer Naga). It hasn't effected my "rapid fire" speed in games though.

I'm loving this thing though. I went years with this shape until they all got discontinued and it's like an old friend came home... lol

like this
I don't know that if feels that cheap as much as it sounds cheap, except for the chalky/scratchy feel in between clicks, which I think might go away over time.

As far as it's functionality goes it seems good. I've had several mice that don't scroll when it clicks or scrolls in between clicks, but this one seems pretty precise. Time will tell though.

One thing some people might not like: The travel before click (on the left and right buttons) seems longer than my last couple mice (a G700s and a Razer Naga). It hasn't effected my "rapid fire" speed in games though.

I'm loving this thing though. I went years with this shape until they all got discontinued and it's like an old friend came home... lol
the buttons are so easy to click the travel shouldn't matter too much. And you can press from anywhere between under the scroll wheel to the front edge of the button and still get it to click. The scroll wheel takes a little more muscle to click as middle button I've found.

Best Buy must be doing BFlike deals every weekend 'cause it looks like this sale is back on again!

Ordering another MX518 as my previous one recently died after using it for a year. Really like the decision, hope this one lasts longer. lol

recently died after using it for a year.

Logitech used to be very good honoring their warranties, cannot comment on them these days but I would imagine they still stand behind their products. I think with the 518 it's a 2 year warranty. Might be worth looking into.

Reactions: Damos
like this
Picked a MX518 up just because. My wife is still using an original MX518 after I'd all but worn it out. Nice to have a fresh one in the closet.

like this
Loaded up for Xmas.

Screenshot_20201106-150319.png

like this
Looks like this is dead again...I want to pick up another 1-2.

MX518 is going to take some getting used to. I think of the G600, the MX518 & the G203, only the G203 is going to be usable by my 8 year old.....but IMHo it is the most comfortable as well. Argh.

G600 I'm still learning to memorize/muscle memory the side butttons. MX518 IMHO seems most natural fitting.

G600 I'm still learning to memorize/muscle memory the side butttons. MX518 IMHO seems most natural fitting.
I generally like the G600 but I struggle to press the thumb buttons without triggering the ring finger button. The button trigger pressure is very light and the 12 thumb buttons are just too much for my everyday use. For most things I still prefer my G700s.

This is back on again. 518, 203, and more are back to sale price. Most previously linked items are sale priced except the 703, 600 and 604.

Everything previously linked in OP is back to sale prices. Did not browse the ad so I'm not sure what's new that might be on sale this week but there's a lot - and not just PC stuff. List updated to show 703, 600, and 604 are back.

Picked up a $15 G203 last week. Did the contactless curb-side pick up at Best Buy, but when I got home I couldn't find the package anywhere in my trunk. Searched every inch of my SUV (Explorer Sport, 3 row), even impossible places, just in case it somehow fell into a blackhole and popped up under another seat/row. Called the Best Buy location (about 90 min away), who hung up on me after 45 min on hold. Called the Best Buy head office, who hung up on me after 60 min on hold, and chatted with an agent on IM, who suggested I drive back down there (3+ hours round trip) or call the location again. :rage:

I was on hold with them again for 15 min until I decided to check the stroller that was in the trunk (which was unloaded from the trunk when we got home) and there it was, inside the stroller pocket. IDK if the Best Buy employee just tossed it onto the stroller, then driving home caused it to roll into the stroller pocket, or if the BB employee put it directly into the stroller's pocket for some sadistic reason, but I'm just glad to have found the goddamn thing!! The customer service experience alone was among the worst retail experiences I've had, so I probably wont buy anything from Best Buy for a looooong time.

Back