It's Bioware DLC day! Post your thoughts (no spoilers!)

KenG10

Gawd
I'm still at work and can't wait to get home to try out these DLCs! I dont know which one to tackle first! Has anyone had a chance to see what they are all about? Watch the spoilers! :cool:

I was hoping this thread was referring to a Steam sale, but went to SteamPowered and not seeing anything about Bioware games on sale...

So, what exactly are you talking about? Where do we go to get cheap BW DLC? And what games are included in this?

love biowares games but have little interest in "buying points" so I can purchase an unending stream of dlc packs that add 1 or 2 hours each to the game.

I see they have the shadow broker.... wonder how much gameplay I can get. I haven't bought a Bioware DLC yet. Been itching to try them all (DA:O and ME2) .... but the cost per gameplay is not worth it for me.

Was there something else going on today? Was hoping for "Half off on bioware points day" or something.

Is the Shadow Broker DLC on PC having some problems? I was about get it until my eyes strayed across the BW forums and I saw bedlam.

I also entered this thread thinking there would be some sort of discount. Did Steam even have a Labor day sale?

Yeah, maybe one day I'll actually finish these two games. I don't buy DLC until I've finished... actually, that's a lie... I'll buy anything almost.

Lol, sorry. I meant DLC day because they released 2 pretty hefty (story wise) DLCs on the same day.
EDIT
Hmm, I guess there are some issues with Shadow Broker on PC. Guess I'll have to wait a little longer.

Last edited:
Yeah, maybe one day I'll actually finish these two games. I don't buy DLC until I've finished... actually, that's a lie... I'll buy anything almost.

Anything except whatever comes from stardock :p

On a serious note, have you tried Mount & Blade? Curious on your opinions for some odd reason.

Mount and Blade Warband? Jesus, I saw the demo for that last night when I was downloading the Amnesia demo. I'll have to try that out. But I believe that I missed a big sale a couple of weeks ago. I'll probably pick it up during the Steam sale at Christmas time.

I hear that a lot of people are unhappy with the morrigan dlc.. anyone play this?

I've played 1.5-2 hours of Shadow Broker and its pretty cool. Good action, lots of story unfolding. There is a boss battle which is tougher than anything in the regular game. And lots of banter between Shepard and Liara which is very funny ("don't you miss the good old days when you could just use omni-gel unlock a door", "yeah, they took care of that security flaw pretty quick").

man, anyone else itching to just get all Bioware DLC's but just waiting for the price to be right?

did you beat the game yet wabe?

I have some time off from work, and actually restarted last night, this time as a tank. I played as a Mage before, but rarely ever took control of my own character, since the tank, and not the Mage, should be the one leading the charge into battle.

I found that I was constantly having to babysit for Alistair, since he was always out of position, and would never use his Taunt in order to draw threat.

It's just so much easier when your own character is the tank - this may be one of the game's biggest weaknesses, actually. Bioware needs to work on party formations, so that the tank runs in front of the party, and also Taunts more effectively.

I have to look into this dlc. I never finished Mass Effect 2 either. Looks like they've got some dlc for that as well.

I've played 1.5-2 hours of Shadow Broker and its pretty cool. Good action, lots of story unfolding. There is a boss battle which is tougher than anything in the regular game. And lots of banter between Shepard and Liara which is very funny ("don't you miss the good old days when you could just use omni-gel unlock a door", "yeah, they took care of that security flaw pretty quick").

I'm very happy with this DLC. :)

Back