Item not as listed ATI 9800 Pro All in wonder

KwayCzar

Limp Gawd
I purchased an ATI 9800 Pro All in Wonder from someone here at [H]ardForum a few months back.
The shrinkwrapped didnt look like it was sealed by the factory (box had a big lump) so I contacted the seller and ask him
if the product is reshrinkwrapped, he said it wasnt and I had to trust him on that due to his high heatware.
I also purchased a Corsair XMS4000 Pro from him, the plastic of the corsair were bent open. Again I had to take his words
that the item hasnt been used due to his heat.

Today I decided not to sell the ATI 9800 Pro All in Wonder and opened it. I found out that the
item he sold me was really reshrinkwrapped. This isnt the first time I've purchased an ATI product,
so I know how the manuals and video card are packed. The shrinkwrap of the manual was rip open, the video
cards anti static bag didnt look new and the cds looked used. The video card seems to work fine but im not sure how long it will last.
For gs this card might be refurbished and it'll die any time. I paid $330 for a brand new card and receive this, if I wanted an open\refurbished product
I would have bought an open\refurbished product. This is the first time this happened to me, What should I do?

Negative Heatware.

ATI have 3 yrs warranty on their products, you'll be fine. :)

This guy is lying to me again. After leaving him negative feedback, he replied to my comment with a lie.

http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=65&expand[0]=220268

Heatware reply:
I am contacting heatware. I purchased this ATI AIW 9800 from PCMALL.com and if they sold me re-wraped product than i sold it to you. I called entire morning to see if there is even remote possibility for that and ofcourse there isnt. They sell new products, and before leaving someone negative feedback why didnt you call ATI and asked them if this is indeed new retail product with warranty? And this is not a store, i sell products at discounted prices thus far i do not provide anyone with any sort of reciept unless otherwise stated. And dont you dare to call me disshonest person ever again!!!!!!!!!!

End of Heatware reply.

Ok I dug up some old email he sent to me during the transaction.

Email during transaction:

I can send you copy of invoice..sure, it was purchased from ingram micro.

My paypal account is [email protected]

You are paypal verified and your shipping address is paypal verified?

“We got better rates and better returns than anybody else by being nice to people”

Craig McCaw

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2003 12:27 PM
To: Administrator || Gates Networks
Subject: Re: ATI AIW Radeon 9800 PRO- $330. Full retail sealed.

Ok, What is your paypal account?

Can you include the receipt from where you purchased it from, ATI might ask for that when submitting a rebate.
----- Original Message -----
To: 'K w a y C z a r'
Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2003 5:23 AM
Subject: RE: ATI AIW Radeon 9800 PRO- $330. Full retail sealed.

Yes, again, this is product just as if you would into store and picked it up from shelve.

“We got better rates and better returns than anybody else by being nice to people”

Craig McCaw

Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2003 12:13 PM

Is the UPC of the "ATI AIW Radeon 9800 PRO- $330. Full retail sealed" intact?

Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2003 5:04 AM

Sure i can hold it, but sorry no first shipping, my heatware is adequate enough and i have been around long enough not to do that :) :) :)

Craig McCaw

Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2003 12:01 PM

I'm still interested in the ATI AIW Radeon 9800 Pro. Can you hold it for me for an hour. Are you willing to ship first?

Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2003 4:54 AM

No , its brand new retail sealed store bought. I think if you shop around you will find this pricing extremly low, so no.Sorry, i dont need things in trade as you can see i have crapload of things i am trying to get rid of :)

I do not have pictures of item, but if you look at my heatware than you can see i am not selling fake or not as advertised stuff..

Craig McCaw

Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2003 11:49 AM

Is it refurbished/recertified? Is that the lowest price you can go? What about $290 + a used once retail mx700 logitech mouse with a used RatPadz GS?

btw I have some few questions.

Do you have pictures of the item? Just want to see if the box is in great condition and no rip on the wrap or rewrapped.
Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2003 4:42 AM

Yes one last left.

Craig McCaw

Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2003 11:42 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: ATI AIW Radeon 9800 PRO- $330. Full retail sealed.

Hi,
Do you still have the "ATI AIW Radeon 9800 PRO- $330. Full retail sealed" for sale?

End of email during transaction.

Ok i cought this guy lying to me twice and hes trying to contact heatware about this issue. what should i do now?

I just bought a A64 Motherboard and A643200 CPU from Liquidinferno, they where new never used and sealed up.

This was just last week. 2-4-04 everything came as specifyed.

it seems strange he would sell a bad product but I'm sure you two will work something out.

I just bought 2X512MB Kingston HyperX PC4000 from him a few days ago.(shipped out on monday) He seems like a pretty honest guy.

Did you try resolving the issue with him personally first? I'm sure he'll help you deal with it since he does have 100+ positive heatware.

KwayCzar - If you r calling "Troll" you really need to contact ufokillerz about this.

I don't think he's yelling "troll!", just asking for advice. It does seem a bit fishy to me for two reasons. The response at heatware says: " I purchased this ATI AIW 9800 from PCMALL.com ...." while the quoted email above says "I can send you copy of invoice..sure, it was purchased from ingram micro." Second thing that seems odd is that two items were sent with questionable shrink-wrap jobs.
Regardless, you don't have anything to worry about with the ATI card. I bought two of the AIW 9800 Pro's from newegg's refurb section. Both went bad on me. The first one within the 15 day grace period of newegg's refurb warranty. The second went bad after the grace period. I had to contact ATI and get an RMA#. I then sent it to a NY addy they gave me and recieved a replacement in 10 days. Along with the replacement, they sent me paperwork stating the card was under waranty for 3yrs from date of original card purchase. As long as you have your paypal reciept on record, it should be fine. BTW I should mention, after replacing second card, i was doing an upgrade of my system and found signs of a slight leak on my waterblock. It is very possible that this is what caused the cards to fail, as the cards are right under the block. I mention this fact so as not to cause alarm about ordering refurb items.

peace.
unloaded

This guy contacted heatware and converted the positive feedback he left me to a negative. I'll try to contact heatware about this issue to get my positive back.

i dealt with liquid before and hes straight....One of the best traders Ive dealt with idk what youa re talkign about :rolleyes:

i can vouch for kwazy. Very reasonable trader. BTW shipping vid card to kwazy only costed me 12bucks

Ok, um you got what you paid for a 9800AIW card, and Liquid has never screwed anyone here @ [H] hell he's dealt with mods themselves like myself. I trust he sold you a new product, maybe it's not a BBA AIW? And thats just the way that company packages there items.

Back