Itching to purchase an eee PC, need some general advice

reductant

Limp Gawd
I want to preface this by saying that I intend to use the eee PC solely for light internet browsing and MS Office 2007. That being said, I am planning on purchasing the $350 4G Surf and installing Windows XP Professional on it. What I am debating on is whether I should buy the $400 eee PC 4GX from Best Buy. I am also debating whether I should wait on the 900 series to come out. My concern with the 900 series is that its cost will be upwards of $500, and I really don't want to spend so much money on the eee PC. $400 is really my limit.

Some general questions I have are...
What are the differences between the 4G Surf and 4GX besides 4GX having a webcam and Windows XP Home? Doesn't the 4GX have some included accessories?

How is typing on the eeePC? Is it too cramped and causes a lot of errors? I have pretty small hands.

What is the most probably cost of the 900 series and when are they most likely to be released?

The $400 one has a better battery, and you can upgrade RAM to 2gb (which you can prob. do with the other one).
People say the keyboard takes some getting used to. Since you have small hands, it will probably be great for you.
The new ones will probably be around 500 since they will have 8gb-16gb SSDs.

The $400 one has a better battery, and you can upgrade RAM to 2gb (which you can prob. do with the other one).
People say the keyboard takes some getting used to. Since you have small hands, it will probably be great for you.
The new ones will probably be around 500 since they will have 8gb-16gb SSDs.

It's my understanding that the $400 4G (with Linux) has a better battery and expandable RAM, while the 4GX has the same battery as the Surfs. Are all the 4G Linux versions guaranteed to have expandable RAM?

I guess.....I mean, I had no idea there was an XP version. I didn't think you could fully upgrade the memory in the Surfs, but I might be wrong.

Back