It was at this very point in my last build...

notarat

2[H]4U
that I realized why I bought the O11 Dynamic XL after buying the O11 Dynamic. There's simply not enough room for the build I want.

IMAG0055.jpg

Meh...

I guess I'll head to Amazon tomorrow to find a new case.

Any suggestions?

I got really frustrated at this point because not only is the case shit for the build I want but I seem to have also "lost" a pair of 1TB nvme drives somewhere in my work room...

So I decided to take out my frustration on my wallet, because it can't call 9-1-1.

ThisMadeMyButtPucker2.jpg

Yeah, just got a PC-011 and it *just* fit my 3080 FTW3 hybrid in it. I don't much care for how the tubes are pressing against the window. Not sure if it will bother me enough to opt for a vertical GPU mount or go for the XL version of the case. Temp-wise it's fine, and it's running cooler than my last case due to the intake fans on the bottom. I'm thinking going forward I'll just need to be more mindful of GPU width. FTW3 is a wide boy compared to other hybrids.

Case itself is a beauty, haven't had a new case since my Thermaltake X31 in 2017 so I'm impressed by more modern case features (cable management bars are so nice and tempered glass is so purdy).

I like my XL...it's a good case that has enough room. the OG Dynamic, otoh, is (was) an incredibly poor choice for my build.

Are you going for a full custom loop? Not sure if xspc 20mm radiator at the bottom with slim fans will prevent your build from becoming a reality.

Are you going for a full custom loop? Not sure if xspc 20mm radiator at the bottom with slim fans will prevent your build from becoming a reality.
I have a 360 radiator at top and bottom in my XL, fits just fine. I did use the EK front mounted distro plate, then used the side area for more fans, so 10 in total moving air in the case.

Attachments

• 20201207_202027.jpg
    20201207_202027.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 0
  • 20201207_202035.jpg
    20201207_202035.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 0
I have a 360 radiator at top and bottom in my XL, fits just fine. I did use the EK front mounted distro plate, then used the side area for more fans, so 10 in total moving air in the case.
My build went through a couple of revisions... Tried metal first, but had issues with deburring and sliced up a few O-rings, found out real quick during leak testing. Ended up going with ZMT at the end. Will retry Cooper tubing again after this component scarcity.

Current on all air though, didn’t pickup a block for the XC3 I picked up Dec 20.

Attachments

• 8C79840F-CC75-4A7F-8FE4-26AB1E2C2493.jpeg
    8C79840F-CC75-4A7F-8FE4-26AB1E2C2493.jpeg
    394.2 KB · Views: 0
  • D643E2E3-70A4-4776-8367-E53CC41AD7E8.jpeg
    D643E2E3-70A4-4776-8367-E53CC41AD7E8.jpeg
    331.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 088D2C0B-A9F7-4CB3-B9CC-4D55F534555F.jpeg
    088D2C0B-A9F7-4CB3-B9CC-4D55F534555F.jpeg
    425.5 KB · Views: 0

I have an XL and an original. It's the original that's shit. The XL is actually pretty good.

My build went through a couple of revisions... Tried metal first, but had issues with deburring and sliced up a few O-rings, found out real quick during leak testing. Ended up going with ZMT at the end. Will retry Cooper tubing again after this component scarcity.

Current on all air though, didn’t pickup a block for the XC3 I picked up Dec 20.
I bought that same distro plate that you have mounted in the side area, I thought it was for the front area. Was pissed at myself for not looking closer, but bit the bullet and got the front one so I could use that other area to mount fans. Thought shortly about throwing another 360 rad there too, but it just wouldn't fit with everything else.

Since the recommended power requirements for the Asrock OC Formula 6990XT is ~900w I did a return on the Corsair 850 and bought an EVGA SuperNova G3 1000w.

I also picked up a Phanteks vertical GPU mount and an extra Riser Cable in case I decide to vertically mount it and my Aorus nvme Adapter...

Oh...and batteries for my slide rule so I can take measurements for 3D Printing the mount for the Aorus card...and another XSPC 360mmx120mmx60mm Radiator. I really like those XSPC Rads because they have 4 connectors (side conx and end conx) which makes adding the fill/drain ports easier to implement.

Even with the outrageous price of the video card it looks like this system is still going to cost less than my last...

My Dynamic XL build is custom, has (2) 60mm thick rads (bottom and top) and works pretty well.

This build in the Enthoo Pro 2 will have one 60mm thick rad, a 20mm thick rad and, maybe a third 20mm 360mm or 240mm...I haven't really decided since the 60mm isn't due to arrive until tomorrow...The video card is the thorn in my side for this build. There aren't any available water blocks for it (yet) so I have to plan the build as if there will be at some point. If no one makes a block for it, I'll simply have an overkill solution for the CPU.

Once the 60mm arrives I'll be able to start mocking up locations and how it impacts routing of tubing.

Leak Testing done.

Mount for nvms adapter card made and installed.

Haven't touched it in a week because I've been working 16hr days for Tech Refresh.

Will be powering it up and installing the OS tonight or tomorrow.

106.jpg

It's up and running. yay.
Congrats. tell me again you have the Gigabyte AIC adaptor working with all four drives on a X570 board? how did you manage to allocate the 4x4x4x4 to the AIC card? and 8x to the GPU?

I tried on two MSI boards x570 and had no luck - then went over to Threadripper

looking great! Congrats!

Henrik

Those metal tubes are beautiful. Too bad they can't stay.
Also thanks for the nvme pr0n, looks nice.

Congrats. tell me again you have the Gigabyte AIC adaptor working with all four drives on a X570 board? how did you manage to allocate the 4x4x4x4 to the AIC card? and 8x to the GPU?

I tried on two MSI boards x570 and had no luck - then went over to Threadripper

looking great! Congrats!

Henrik
So far I've been able to disable all onboard networking and SATA and Wi-Fi and use a USB wireless NIC dongle, I can see 3 of the 4 nvme drives in disk manager, but that looks to be the maximum it will see.

I am probably going to replace my AsRock 6900xt with a PowerColor Liquid Devil and vertically-mount it to clear up 3" of space.

the card in the pic above is 13" so going to watercooling would make it ~10" (in the pic above the end of the vidcard would be right where the 3rd power connector is)

That'd let me completely re-do half my tube runs...

Gotta think about that since I know I'll take a loss on selling the Asrock OC Formula card...

Reactions: tived
like this
So far I've been able to disable all onboard networking and SATA and Wi-Fi and use a USB wireless NIC dongle, I can see 3 of the 4 nvme drives in disk manager, but that looks to be the maximum it will see.

I am probably going to replace my AsRock 6900xt with a PowerColor Liquid Devil and vertically-mount it to clear up 3" of space.

the card in the pic above is 13" so going to watercooling would make it ~10" (in the pic above the end of the vidcard would be right where the 3rd power connector is)

That'd let me completely re-do half my tube runs...

Gotta think about that since I know I'll take a loss on selling the Asrock OC Formula card...
thanks for sharing

this is my own setup - the AIC is without its original shrouding, just attached the cobber heat sink

IMG_0452-1.JPG

Well...It seems that my build is going to go through a somewhat major change because I saw 2 products I want which weren't available when I ordered my initial parts.

I'm going to get one of the AquaComputer Leak Shield rez topper and, because it won't fit my current build due to lack of space between the Reservoir and vid card, I'm going to get the Corsair 7000D AirFlow so I have the room to add it.

My current OC Formula 6900XT is ~331mm long while the 7000D case will hold a 450mm card, which gives me enough room to mount the pump and Leak Shield using a pump-to-radiator mount, rather than its current location at the bottom of the case.

Additionally, I can replace the top 120x360x30 Radiator with a 120x360x60 and still have more than enough room for both rads and pump and long-ass video card

One optional mod I'm heavily considering is the PowerColor Liquid Devil 6900XT...It fits my build better aesthetically and physically, and would not require too much work to integrate it into my current loop since I am re-doing it anyway...

I just hate having a BigAss 6900xt Vidya Card leftover on a shelf gathering dust...I REALLY wish someone would make a waterblock for it...it's a lot cheaper than buying a new video card.

Back