It hurts to look at....

micron

Limp Gawd
12-23-05_0317.jpg

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33839303

No worries, a little solder, and some patience will get that card up and working in no time.

:D

I posted the rage link under the picture, but it gives no real explanation(yet). I'm pretty sure he wanted to remove his ramsinks, and simply popped a memory chip off. He was probably so sick about it, that he kept on going...

This happens a lot, but it's especially unfortunate when it happens on a card of this calibre.

I did that to my 9800Pro. I used a mix of AS and adhesive for all but one sink, but I forgot about that when it was time to remove them and a sink pulled the memory chip off with it. I was not able to get the chip off the sink though and chalked it up as a loss.

Mine?...or the guy with the x1800? :p

I'm all over my loss...it happened years ago.

i dont know about that guy, but i would headbutt a vase and go apeshit if that happened to my X1800XT

Rage3D thread said:
I've since learned my lesson. Frag tape or nothing! Thats an expensive lesson.
QFT

Damn, what a waste of money. I could understand if that was something like an X1600, X700 or some other junk like that but a X1800... damn.

Such a shame that the people who can afford these things aren't smart enough to STOP after one ram chip is taken off.

nobi125 said:
Such a shame that the people who can afford these things aren't smart enough to STOP after one ram chip is taken off.
It wouldnt do any better to stop, the card would still be hosed after even one chip came off.

it intrests me that there is absolutly no anger or remorse in the OP's post. He almost seems happy that he got to tear up his video card... I would be mad as hell if that were mine.

sigh.... I ruined an x800XL that way.

I had a friend with a flowsoldier machine... but no luck.

I didn't care much because it was an ATI card...

Yashu said:
sigh.... I ruined an x800XL that way.

I had a friend with a flowsoldier machine... but no luck.

I didn't care much because it was an ATI card...

Why does the brand make a difference?........you still spent a good deal of cash on it.

Viper87227 said:
it intrests me that there is absolutly no anger or remorse in the OP's post. He almost seems happy that he got to tear up his video card... I would be mad as hell if that were mine.

That would be an anger management problem. :D

But...I bet he did feel a little less self confident (stupid) at a minimum.

Now that's a real bad day. :D

I'm reminding myself "Never ever try to remve the ramsinks for any reason ".

-_- and I was all cautious about removing ramsinks stuck on with double sided tape on my Ti-4200..

I should find out what he does for a living to make his income that disposable for using pliers like thatd for ram chips.

Although I probably would have done the same if I lifed one ram chip because I know I would tear traces and there is no way in heck I could repair that.

Damn...well, let's look at the bright side, at least it wasn't an nVidia card... :p

1c3d0g said:
Damn...well, let's look at the bright side, at least it wasn't an nVidia card... :p

yes, something about this makes me think it's only possible for an ati user to be so careless.

i bet he had to take those off cuz they were too tall for his water block

also a razor would have probably done better :p

That is why you twist the ramsink until it pops off. I've used adhesive before and never had a problem removing sinks when using this method.

Ehren8879 said:
That is why you twist the ramsink until it pops off. I've used adhesive before and never had a problem removing sinks when using this method.
Whatever :rolleyes:

That shit turns to fucking concrete..

I should also add that I dont use half a tube per sink. A little bit goes a long way.

Then again it was rather useless removing the sink since I couldnt get the adhesive off the BGA.... We do dumb things in this sport. Yes I said sport.

Tigerblade said:
QFT

It really is sad that ppl have such an allegiance to one company.....
:rolleyes:

Is what the OP said really !!!!!!ish? I mean, I personally think it hurts for any computer owner to see destruction to hardware like that, or maybe it's just me :D

tornadotsunamilife said:
Is what the OP said really !!!!!!ish? I mean, I personally think it hurts for any computer owner to see destruction to hardware like that, or maybe it's just me :D

I think he's talking about some other replies in here ;)

Back