It Can Run Crysis! Chinese MTT S80, The Only PCIe Gen 5 GPU

erek

[H]F Junkie
Not as fast as the Intel Arc A770 LE

"Moore Threads developers are working towards more support in today's technology advancements and a more extensive library of gaming titles. The process is not as fast as larger companies, but the company does try to improve as quickly as possible. The most recent graphics driver, version 200.2, was released three months after the graphics card launch. The most critical issue that reviewers and users find is idle power consumption. Chinese reviewers and Löschzwerg mention that the consumption level is around 110W, which has been present since the graphics card launch.

Once again, this is just a stepping stone and while Chinese GPU makers have a long way to go to catch up with well-known GPU vendors such as NVIDIA, AMD & Intel, the MTT series is a good start."

loeschzwerg-mtt-s80-01_3840px-728x407.jpg

loeschzwerg-mtt-s80-03_3840px-728x406.jpg

Source: https://wccftech.com/it-can-run-cry...only-pcie-gen-5-gpu-runs-dx9-dx10-games-well/

The more the merrier.

I'm not putting one of these in my system any time soon, but the market needs more players, so I wish them luck.

Gonna have sus drivers...
i did notice for example as an analogy to this that Tencent-based games were forcing the requirement of Administrator to run. I quickly uninstalled prior to proceeding

so yea, sus and skepticism

Stolen tech, from communist country, why buy and support them?
No thanks, got plenty of chicom products in the U.S.A. now.
Bring production back to non communist countries, preferably the U.S..
it is aesthetically pleasing at least, not an ugly cooling solution

it is aesthetically pleasing at least, not an ugly cooling solution

To me it looks a little bit like an older Nvidia Quadro/Tesla enterprise GPU. At least until that RED LED turned on. It's subtle and understated. I tend to like that look, but not everyone does.

Also, I don't buy GPU's based on looks.

I mean, don't get me wrong. If I have lots of options, all else being equal, I'm picking the one that I like thelooks of the best, but that hasn't really been realistic lately. With popular GPU's in short supply, you can consider yourself lucky if you get one at all.

I recently put a EK waterblock on a 4090, and stuck it in my system:

PXL_20230129_025355117.jpg

The whole "clear plexi" thing is not my look. I would have much preferred one of their black acetal blocks, but those just weren't available for the MSI 4090 I wound up with, the only one I could find in stock at non-gouged prices. (well, less-gouged pricing, not non-gouged))

It might.

That is a distinct possibility with anything designed in China.

But beyond that, it also has nowhere near the performance I want and that idle power consumption is utterly ridiculous.

Doubtful the actual hardware can phone home somehow, but you're going to need drivers to run it. And the drivers could do anything.

Maybe it uses so much power while idle because it's mining bitcoins ;)

It might.

That is a distinct possibility with anything designed in China.

But beyond that, it also has nowhere near the performance I want and that idle power consumption is utterly ridiculous.

TikTok on phones have become a concern... but ever notice TikTok is installed by default with Windows 11?

TikTok on phones have become a concern... but ever notice TikTok is installed by default with Windows 11?
Do you mean an ad for tiktok is installed by default (and will be installed if you click on said ad) and appear in the start menu or the app itself is installed by default ? I noticed the former but not installed.

Do you mean an ad for tiktok is installed by default (and will be installed if you click on said ad) and appear in the start menu or the app itself is installed by default ? I noticed the former but not installed.
The app is installed by default, if I'm not mistaken. I just did a fresh install and had to uninstall it. recently

Not as fast as the Intel Arc A770 LE

"Moore Threads developers are working towards more support in today's technology advancements and a more extensive library of gaming titles. The process is not as fast as larger companies, but the company does try to improve as quickly as possible. The most recent graphics driver, version 200.2, was released three months after the graphics card launch. The most critical issue that reviewers and users find is idle power consumption. Chinese reviewers and Löschzwerg mention that the consumption level is around 110W, which has been present since the graphics card launch.

Once again, this is just a stepping stone and while Chinese GPU makers have a long way to go to catch up with well-known GPU vendors such as NVIDIA, AMD & Intel, the MTT series is a good start."

View attachment 547205
View attachment 547206

Source: https://wccftech.com/it-can-run-cry...only-pcie-gen-5-gpu-runs-dx9-dx10-games-well/
A month later,

matthewbryant.blogspot.com_.jpg

Really? I haven't installed Windows 11 on any of my systems yet. Only one I've used is a Win 11 Enterprise version on my work laptop, and it doesn't appear to be installed there.

That is really quite ridiculous. We need to get a handle on all of this pre-installed bloat operating systems come with these days, especially when it is a potential vulnerability.

And to be honest, ALL SOFTWARE is a potential vulnerability. That's why it is better to be running and have installed as little of it as possible. Only the software you actually use and need. Everything else is all risk, no reward.

I hate that modern operating systems have to try to have everything for everyone pre-installed. Just ship me a blank slate. Let me install what I want, and only what I want.

I read an article about the GPU earlier this week. I was surprised it used an EPS connector vs a GPU connector.

EPS is usually reserved for the cpu, but plenty of power supplies come with more than one of them these days.

I read an article about the GPU earlier this week. I was surprised it used an EPS connector vs a GPU connector.

EPS is usually reserved for the cpu, but plenty of power supplies come with more than one of them these days.

I kind of like that.

A single 8-pin EPS connector can handle up to 336W, whereas an 8pin PCIe/GPU cable maxes out at 150W.

If I were king of the world, I'd standardize around the 8pin EPS connector and use it for everything.. It's rugged (unlike the 12VHPWR connectors) and carries a lot more power than the PCIe power spec, meaning in most cases you'd only need one.

If we standardized motherboard and peripheral power around that same connector, you'd have way more flexibility with how to use your PSU's.

As a side note, I have found this site to be the best reference for various PC power connectors and their specifications.

It doesn't always show up in searches because it is older and not TLS, and the site design screams 1990's at you, but it is very informative and has all of the information you need in one place.

It also illustrates the danger of the use of power adapters. For instance, using a 4pin molex to 6 pin PCIe power adapter might be great for a low power GPU which draws less than the 60W the 4pin molex connector can supply, but use that same 4pin to pcie power adapter for a GPU that uses a 6pin PCIe power to its max, and draws 75W over it, and you might let the magic smoke out.

Splitters can be similarly dangerous.

Also, you never know if manufacturers used the right gauge cables in their adapters to meet the max current of the spec. It could be that a 4pin molex extender/adapter cable you bought that should be able to handle up to 60w over 12v was designed for a special purpose, and can only handle 25w....

This is why most people who know recommend you keep track of your adapters, and what they came with and only use the adapter that cake in the box with the GPU for a given GPU and not treat it as a general purpose adapter for use with any GPU or other device.
Unfortunately most of us just dump these things in our spare parts drawers and pull them out years later when we need an adapter. Who knows what it came with, what it was for, and what standards it was made to.

Same thing with modular PSU cables. The pinouts on the peripheral side are always going to be the same as they ar eper spec, but on the PSU side they may be different, even if they look identical. Accidentally using a modular cable from one model of PSU with a different PSU can spell disaster. I wish they labeled those things with the model of the PSU they came with, as 6 years later when you are digging in the parts bin, who knows if you have the right one. They all look the same! You could stick them in unused, power them up, and test them with a multi-meter and compare the pinout to the spec, but aint nobody got time for that.

Last edited:
It would be fun to install one, boot it up, start up Wireshark then install the drivers and watch it phone home for about 20 minutes then check the logs LOL.
What logs would be useful for them? I agree with you, but a genuine question. What info can a GPU provide?

HINT - It's the driver I'm most worried about. Invasive software (malware / hacking / backdoor ect.) is the crux of chynese innovation.
Maybe as a show of good faith there will be open source drivers and for a stretch some open microcode firmware

HINT - It's the driver I'm most worried about. Invasive software (malware / hacking / backdoor ect.) is the crux of chynese innovation.

If it sends traffic it will log it. No sense infecting if it doesn't. Even with a stealth proxy being added it will log it. Only issue is if it doesn't send it unitl XXXX later date. the bastages...😁

If it sends traffic it will log it. No sense infecting if it doesn't. Even with a stealth proxy being added it will log it. Only issue is if it doesn't send it unitl XXXX later date. the bastages...😁
A rather a nieve sentiment. Maybe it will just transmit data to a "weather balloon".

You got me spell check *medal*. Now back to your naive post..

First rule of thumb is to never trust the Chinese. Second rule is to not get so butthurt over a tongue in cheek post about using wireshark. wow

First rule of thumb is to never trust the Chinese. Second rule is to not get so butthurt over a tongue in cheek post about using wireshark. wow
Nice backout. At least I know you're here to check everyone's spelling.

LoL - because everyone runs wireshark 24/7 365 and knows how to interpret it. Tongue n cheek? No, Just plain dumb.

I was assuming most people in this thread would get it and if not they could just ignore my post like a normal person. Don't know what the fuck your problem is but keep the rage alive for something so utterly stupid to argue about. Talk about dumb LOL.

I was assuming most people in this thread would get it and if not they could just ignore my post like a normal person. Don't know what the fuck your problem is but keep the rage alive for something so utterly stupid to argue about. Talk about dumb LOL.
So basically you are posting dumb crap to ignore. That is dumb. Your "normal person gets it" is a lame backout excuse so you can cover your ass.

Back