It.. appears! FOXCONN 8800GT product page is up!

He doesnt really know. He cant prove anything and just looks like more and more of an asshat. Its gonna be funny when he reads the rest of the thread talking about the SP, TMU, ROPs, etc. He PMed me trying to throw this in my face too. When, oh when, will he learn?:rolleyes:

You go on thinking that... I'll continue learning from these people called "friends." I'll also go on with plenty of info beforehand... this is all stuff I've been saying for awhile yet you just can't bring yourself to look at even facts from third parties staring you in the face ;).

In G80 architecture, the TMU's are tied to blocks of 16 SP, therefore barring a drastic architectural change that hasn't happened, it should have 28 ;). 4 per block of 16... times 7 blocks.... = 28.

Again.
UT3.jpg

Low resolution, no AA, no AF?

More benches before deciding anything.

The pain of waiting for little links of anything to drop by :/

Again.

Yeah, a low res bench like that is cpu bound and doesnt really hammer the GPU for what I'm looking for. (most) Benchmarks at <1600 are pretty useless, to me anyway. What I want to see is whether it will be worthwhile to get dual GTXs, or get dual GTs/(new)GTS' and wait for a top end refresh first part of next year.

Again.
UT3.jpg

I'm one of the few still hammering along with a CRT and I typically do not play games at resolutions beyond the one in that benchmark. For me, that benchmark is VERY promising.

I just replaced my dying 19" CRT (max. 1600x1200 @ 60Hz so typically stayed at 1280x1024) with a Dell 21" CRT that can do an honest-to-goodness 2048X1536 @ 75Hz or 1600x1200 @ 100Hz. NIB on eBay for $175 shipped, buy-it-now. I am SO ready for a card that can push it at a price I can afford.

P.S. last I checked, there were still several of those Dells available for those interested...

I would like to see a bench of this card at 1920x1200, that's when its 512Mb buffer might start to get slowed down a bit. If it can produce on par performance on games at that resolution (which I play at, made obvious by this post). then I just may be getting me a pair of these babies :D.

I just replaced my dying 19" CRT (max. 1600x1200 @ 60Hz so typically stayed at 1280x1024) with a Dell 21" CRT that can do an honest-to-goodness 2048X1536 @ 75Hz or 1600x1200 @ 100Hz. NIB on eBay for $175 shipped, buy-it-now. I am SO ready for a card that can push it at a price I can afford.

P.S. last I checked, there were still several of those Dells available for those interested...

My 21 incher will do the same max res as yours, but I've never been one to play at that kind of res. I enjoy keeping my res at a reasonable level with my max Hz set at 100. Fud is reporting that there will be a 256mb version of this card to fall somewhere around $199. If that's the case I'll probably swing for that as my next upgrade rather than the 512mb version and use it until I finally decide to bite the bullet on a 22" or higher LCD.

That is a good deal for a good CRT btw.

Higher res benchies, looks promising:
http://myevilprocessor.blogspot.com/2007/10/geforce-8800-gt-512mb.html
One can hope this is real...
Guys the 9800gtu2 is going to crush this card anyway, look how it performs:

prey9800gtu2xe1.gif

&#36825;&#23436;&#20840;&#26159;&#20551;&#30340;&#65292;&#20294;&#25105;&#21487;&#20197;&#25237;&#27880;&#30340;&#20154;&#20250;&#30456;&#20449;&#23427;&#26159;&#30495;&#30340;&#12290;&#29454;&#29289;9800gtu2&#29256;&#21345;&#27604;8800gts 8800gtx&#27604;8800ultra &#12290; 350US&#20803;&#30340;&#20215;&#26684;

zomg no wais!!

but i heard the 9800gt u3 version is coming out a few weeks after that and is supposed to give 2 teraflops in performance!!!!!@@!!

LOL!

EDIT: Wait a second... the line on the end of the bottom of the "2" on that graph is SLIGHTLY BLURRED!!!!! Dun dun dun!!!!!! (cue debate over whether graph is real) :p

/sarcasm (for those with broken detectors).

My 21 incher will do the same max res as yours, but I've never been one to play at that kind of res. I enjoy keeping my res at a reasonable level with my max Hz set at 100. Fud is reporting that there will be a 256mb version of this card to fall somewhere around $199. If that's the case I'll probably swing for that as my next upgrade rather than the 512mb version and use it until I finally decide to bite the bullet on a 22" or higher LCD.

That is a good deal for a good CRT btw.

Yeah, I figure I'll stay at 1600X1200 at 100 Hz--my eyes aren't young anymore! Plus I don't want to blow out this monitor by pushing it to the max. I think we may have the same internals--reviews say my Dell P1130 is built around the same tube as the Sony G520, and it has "Trinitron" right on the front.

It would be a blast to try some older games at max rez, though, just to see what it looked like. Gotta retire my 6800GT first, though.

Yeah, I figure I'll stay at 1600X1200 at 100 Hz--my eyes aren't young anymore! Plus I don't want to blow out this monitor by pushing it to the max. I think we may have the same internals--reviews say my Dell P1130 is built around the same tube as the Sony G520, and it has "Trinitron" right on the front.

I think your right. I bought my monitor off ebay too, a little over a year ago now. I think I paid $250 shipped for it. Its a refurb with a warranty from the ebay store I bought it from. I've been happy with it. Monitor casing was completely repainted to a nice matte black. Much better quality than the craptastic 17" LCD it replaced.

New England Journal of Medicine is reporting that nvidia is actually a carcinogen, so your info is FUD.
News alert! Just like aspartame, this has been refuted by the North American Scatalogic-research institute!
At the same time they report that using a video card as an internal device for the use of preventing preganancy and STD's, like AIDS, is not recommended.

So the 8600GTS and the HD2600 beat the 7950GX2.

The HD2900 loses to the 320mb GTS, with no AA or AF, in its best engine.

The GTX and Ultra are within 1% of each other.

And GoldenTiger, instead of posting inconsistent blabble about what your "friends" might have told you and claim it as definitive, try posting a source, because at a time when theres a plethra of rumors floating around regarding this topic, only the idiots are going to believe you, and really, its only the really stupid idiots.

And GoldenTiger, instead of posting inconsistent blabble about what your "friends" might have told you and claim it as definitive, try posting a source, because at a time when theres a plethra of rumors floating around regarding this topic, only the idiots are going to believe you, and really, its only the really stupid idiots.

You forgot to point out the OCed 640mb card also only gets less than 1fps more than the stock 320mb :p

Haha you and Golden have gone at it for a while. But I can see where you are getting frustrated. I have yet to see GoldenTiger post any kind of links or benches to back up any claims he's made and when people do this it is kind of annoying.

To GoldenTiger:
I don't really like saying things that may get me into pissing matches with people, but GoldenTiger, you really gotta start showing some proof of your claims. Posting the kind of info you have puts the less experienced in a bad spot because they expect one thing based off your info and then they get something totally different. Im sorry but until you start backing your posts up I will have to call BS on it. I really gotta go with nissan's side of things.

I think I'll wait on real benchmarks made by reputable sites with real product in hand. So far all that has been displayed are a bunch of graphs that show whatever the hell someone wants it to say...

Unless an official press release says the new xxxx card outperforms the 8800 ultra/gtx and is positioned as their successor I'm taking this all in as BS.

Ask yourselves these questions... What's the point of undercutting their high end cards as far as price goes? While people clamor cheaper cards please, the avg price of what is high end should still go up, just the successor takes over at that price range. While the big $$$$ is made in the OEM market through volume contracts and not the high end this would be one hell of a shot in the foot to nvidia. Mind you they wouldn't mind shooting said foot if said foot was stepping on AMD's balls and brains at the same time...

Too many things that don't make sense ALONG with the info nissan is refuting with and you get BS.

Still not under 500 though. 243 x 2 = 486, then add tax and shipping. Hes full of crap, but hes still entertaining.

If you don't stop with the stop with the bashing, I WILL CALL KYLE AND HAVE HIM DISCIPLINE YOU PERSONALLY! THAT IS NOT A THREAT! IT IS A PROMISE! *E-Shoves you.*

New England Journal of Medicine is reporting that nvidia is actually a carcinogen, so your info is FUD.

You think you're funny, huh? My Cousin's best friend's half brother's great great grandpa's third's cousin's ex's wife's great great nephew's ex girlfriend's adopted brother's transgendered lover's grandma died because of cancer called by Nvidia. It's called Nvidius'kaideus. It's dangerous.

You think you're funny, huh? My Cousin's best friend's half brother's great great grandpa's third's cousin's ex's wife's great great nephew's ex girlfriend's adopted brother's transgendered lover's grandma died because of cancer called by Nvidia. It's called Nvidius'kaideus. It's dangerous.

:eek:

Man I hope nvidia comes out with some new cards and soon. People are starting to go insane!!!

Back