Issues with PhysicsX + Mirror's Edge?

paco16

Limp Gawd
I recently bought a copy of Mirror's Edge; more to check out the eye-candy that comes with PhysicsX, as I hear the game can get a bit repetitive and the fighting system is supposedly ridiculous. (So far I agree)
Every time I boot up the game it randomly freezes and the entire game locks up. It's always when you're being shot at and a Physics effect is present on the screen. (i.e. bullet hitting glass, cloth or stone)
I'm running Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP1 with the newest Nvidia drivers for my 2 8800GT's. I even set the program to run in "XP SP2 Compatibility Mode" which didn't change anything. I haven't downloaded an update for the game yet, (I plan on doing that tonight). I have reinstalled the game and made sure to do if with Ccleaner. Any suggestions? Would shutting off PhysicsX processing be a sure-fire bet to make the game run smoothly? (Kind of defeats the purpose but w/e)

The rest of my hardware:
EVGA x58 Board
Enermax Infiniti 720W PSU
Intel i7 920 @ stock
6 gigs OCZ Gold 1333(in triple channel)
X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion Series
3 Sata 3.0 drives
Samsung 203N Sata DVD burner

I have to end this program in the task manager as Windows reports it as "Not Responding".

I am not 100% sure but I was running 32 bit vista with almost an identical main hardware and had a sort of same problem then I updated my sound card drivers and had no issues after that I used the newest drivers at guru3d for my x-fi

I'm pretty sure there was a patch to fix Physx performance. Could be thinking of something else, but definately check and see.

Back