Issues with new build

WCES Ryan

Gawd
After a whole lot of waiting and saving money, I just bought a new box about a week ago, and I am already running into what seems to be quite a major issue.

My system configuration:

Asus M2N-E
AMD 9750 2.4ghz quad core
Corsair TwinX 4gb kit
XFX 8800GT 512MB
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610
500gb and 1000gb hard drives

Basically, the computer is shutting off on it's own at random times. When it does this and I go to turn it back on, it often will spin up for a second or two and then shut right back down. Sometimes it will start to work after a few tries, sometimes not. Just earlier I tried several times and it wouldn't go, so I reset the BIOS and after that it worked good, but it has shut down at least once more since then. I'm not sure what is the culprit here, it could be either the PSU or the motherboard in my opinion. Has anyone else experienced this with this or a similar board? Is there anything I can try?

EDIT: I just noticed that when it shuts off, the LED on the motherboard blinks for a second before coming back on. If I hold the power button on the case, this sequence will repeat over and over (on for a sec, off, LED off/on, repeat). The problem also doesn't appear to be heat related, I've checked the temperatures and ran it for several hours in prime95 and it worked fine. As far as I can tell, the shut downs appear to be random.

Back