Issues with Logitech MX518

dragnandy

Limp Gawd
I tried posting on the logitech troubleshooting forum, but it didnt get a response. And seeing as how popular this mouse is, or use to be, i hope someone here can help me.

i have installed Setpoint and the CD that comes with the MX518. The side buttons work, somewhat. They do their job fine when it comes to going back and forth on the browser but the problem is that the side buttons only seem to 'click' and cannot 'press and hold'.

For instance, in-game like COD4 i can map my grenade to the side button and it will work fine, but if i want to hold the grenade for awhile, i WOULD usually hold onto the side button, but it doesnt hold. It just reads the side button as a click, and not a 'hold'. I hope that makes sense. So basically, both the side buttons, Mouse4 and Mouse5 can only click, and not 'Click and Hold'.

Is there a way to fix this because the ability to "click and hold" does do alot in-game and sometimes on programs. Thanks.

A quick question...

Did you bind your button in setpoint to a keystroke and the key that throws the grenade, or did you just go into the game and click the mouse button in the settings in game to throw the grenade? I would set the keystroke to that side button in setpoint if you haven't already. Also, I would get the latest drivers from logitech for the mx518.

So you cant "cook" the grenade...I've used the MX518 ever since it was a prototype till I upgraded to the G500 this past winter. I've never installed Setpoint and use it fine.
My side buttons were melee & vent (back & forward respectively)

Im not sure if updating it worked, but i was like on version 4.6 or somethign before, LOL.

I think i found the problem though. When i browse the web (using FF and Chrome), i usually switch the back and foward buttons. I use the farther button as back and the closer one as the forward button. That means that on SetPoint, i manually changed them so instead of the side buttons being "Generic Button", i assigned them to "Back" and "Forward".

Once i switched the side buttons back to "Generic Button" i was able to 'cook' grenades.
Is there a way to map the side buttons specifically only for FF and chrome in which the side button functions are switched?

i believe there are other programs that can handle your mouse button mappings per application... i can't be of any help with the names or links though. i would search the forums. i know i have read something on here in regards to what you are looking for.

well, if anybody can name some programs that would be great. I dont want anything TOO detailed and in-depth. Just need a simple mapping program.

Back