Issues with 3gb GTX 580

mikeohara

Limp Gawd
My wife has a Zotac 3gb GTX 580 in her PC (she inherited it when I got my 680 DCII TOP from Asus) and in the past day or so. She's been experiencing some odd issues with her card while playing WoW (she saw artifacting last night while playing) and has been experiencing delays while doing her Photoshop homework.

Here's what I've done so far:

1.) Taken the card out and cleaned the fan (it's a reference board) with a air compressor. When I took the card out last night, it was extremely warm to the touch.

I'm currently downloading MSI Afterburner and see if I can maybe rectify the issue temporarily via manually setting the fan speed until I can get her a new card. If not, I'm gonna have to call Zotac and hope they'll do a RMA since we've had the card for about 18 months.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated, and awesome!

Is it running at all stock speed? If it has any overclock on it, tack it back down to stock speed.

no OC, did have the latest beta drivers installed. Rolled those back to 306.97 and manually adjusted the fan speed and it seems to be okay now. I'll keep an eye out over the weekend for any further mishaps.

Back