Issues with 2tb drive not showing up in odd caddy.

Lunas

[H]F Junkie
I have a lenovo z51-70 and i can not get the new 2tb drive i just got to show up while it is connected through my ODD caddy. My 1tb sshd shows up fine but the 2tb wont...

How are you connecting it? Via USB? If so, have you tried a different USB port? Is the USB port on in the BIOS?

The method that works is usb the way that does not is the optical sata tray.

Looks like you are screwed, some people can't even get 1TB drives recognized:

Z51-70 - Problem with drives larger than 120gb in ... - Lenovo Community

There are other threads of people bitching about the same thing on those forums as well. The BIOS and caddy doesn't support large drives.

I was also thinking if there was a built-in hard limit for that port. Engineers thinking, "ok there will definitely never be a 1TB+ optical media in the lifespan of this device".

I was also thinking if there was a built-in hard limit for that port. Engineers thinking, "ok there will definitely never be a 1TB+ optical media in the lifespan of this device".
Life span of the device was about 4-5 months came out june 2015 eol December 2015. From day 1 I had issues with drivers on this thing... now typical lenovo bullshit probably has a white list on the odd interface. Drives on the list are the only ones that work. The 1tb I have working is the one it came with.

next laptop i get msi or sager im done with lenovo...

Last edited:
Back