Issue with Win Server 2012 on an iMac with 6750M

markt435

Supreme [H]ardness
Unsure where to post this so I'll post it here.

Installed Windows Server 2012 Standard on my iMac today through Boot Camp so I can mess with Metro for the time being and find out if things actually work. My goal is to use it as a workstation OS and not mess with any of the server-side stuff. Besides the issues of Apple needing to update other hardware drivers for Windows 8 at some point, everything mostly went off without a hitch. At least until I got to the Catalyst drivers. First I tried the 12.10 set. Those didn't even recognize the card at all. So I opted for the 12.11 Beta 4 w/ .NET support (this might be the issue here, may need to try the regular ones). I finally got my native res back but still no 2D acceleration. Opening CCC, I also saw there were no 3D settings which I thought was weird so I rebooted. Logged back in and it went BSOD on me with a BAD_POOL_HEADER stop error. I went and hit F8 and disabled the Driver Signature checking and I was able to login and be fine until the next normal reboot.

Any ideas? Perhaps need to install a newer .NET package? Or try the normal 12.11 drivers?

Back