Issue with my mouse

Yes_sir21

Weaksauce
Im having problem using the my mice to highlight text, when highlight i two or three words it jumps back to begin or the highlight area disappears and sometimes it doesn't highlight at all.
Also it seems double click sometimes but not all the time. It is us if it had bad signal but battery is charged and signal is good, moving around and scrolling is no problem.
How can i fix this ?

The mice is high-end actually, Logitech max performance.

PS sorry it supposed say MICE in the title, not mouse. lol

Here's what I would do:

1: Ensure my drivers are up to date.
2: Try another mouse, preferably wired, to ensure it's the mouse and not the OS
3: Does the problem occur in just one/some/all applications? Are the drivers for YOUR operating system (you're running drivers for Win XP and you're running Win 7 for example)

I've used wireless Logitech devices in the past and on RARE occasion had similar issues but they were very intermittent at best. I went wired as I'm very tired of dead batteries because I did't check prior to getting knee deep into a game.

I see by your sig that you do have a nice machine, so I assume you've already done the above.

I hope it helps!

Here's what I would do:

1: Ensure my drivers are up to date.
2: Try another mouse, preferably wired, to ensure it's the mouse and not the OS
3: Does the problem occur in just one/some/all applications? Are the drivers for YOUR operating system (you're running drivers for Win XP and you're running Win 7 for example)

I've used wireless Logitech devices in the past and on RARE occasion had similar issues but they were very intermittent at best. I went wired as I'm very tired of dead batteries because I did't check prior to getting knee deep into a game.

I see by your sig that you do have a nice machine, so I assume you've already done the above.

I hope it helps!

I tried another mice and it works fine. So it looks like the mice is the source. I usually do not install drivers for a mice, but i will install it now even though i doubt that it will be a remedy. I just find wireless mice to be much more convenient, have enough cable already. No the problem can occur everywhere, from browser to folders.

I also avoid loading drivers for a mouse unless it's got those 'special' features. If the Logitech driver didn't help I'm not sure what to do!

Damn, I hate problems like this. Perhaps remove the driver(s), unplug the mouse, then restart. After that try a 'clean' install. Beyond that I've got nothin'.

I think maybe it is just dirty inside and i have to open it up ? Though im afraid to mess it up more.

You know, that is a possibility I haven't considered. However, if it's messing up, what do you have to lose? Put up with it or do your best to clean it, right?

Well Logitech is so nice and will replace it, they did before, so thats a something i could loose if i damage it physically. But, i rather fix it myself if possible then wait 2-3 weeks for a new one, if you get me my drift.

Back