Issue with DIRT 2 ISO

Status
Not open for further replies.

todlerix

2[H]4U
I got the game from my friend, he didnt want it, it came with this ati 5XXX

I made an ISO from the CD, mounted it with Gizmo.

Installed it just fine no problem.

Then I copied the ISO from my SSD to my storage drive.

I can no longer install it from the ISO, it says its not compatible with my version of windows.
[ I receive this error when clicking on the setup.exe or when autorun attempts to run. ]
[ It still installs from the disc no problem ]

Ideas as to why the copy of the ISO I made is failing to work?

Alls I'm gonna say is I've never heard of it coming on a cd with any of the 5000 series.

They all came with steam download cards AFAIK

Sounds like someone downloaded an illegal copy and needs help. The 5000 series cards came with codes that can be activated on Steam, not actual CDs.

LMAO. OP caught red-handed. I'm going to believe like everyone else he is using a pirate copy unless he posts a pic of said disc and showing his username on a piece of paper (just like they do in FS/FT). If he posts a pic, then his friend lied to him, as the only versions that came with the HD5xxx were Steam versions.

Until he can prove its not pirated (since he implicated himself), he shouldn't get any help per forum rules:
Hardforum Rules said:
(18) You will not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. Links provided to locations that deal with any such activity are also expressly forbidden.

Last edited:
Nothing like being accused of something you haven't done.

Camera-less presently;I broke my sony ericisson 580i a few months ago so I'm using my camera-less samsung x497, until my EVO shows up.

I called me friend, Steve, he gave me his copy he had already purchased after he got his steam code from his 5970 2GB. I've had the game for several months, I just recently stopped playing WoW and Dirt 2 was going to help fill my seemingly endless free time.

Hopefully this clears my names of all the haters.

Moving on:
Turns out my 1.5TB seagate is bad, copied from my SSD to my Raptor and launched just fine.

Thanks for all the jolly help. >>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back