Israeli Scientists Fit Bible On Pinhead

HardOCP News

[H] News
You have to admit that etching a 300,000 word bible onto a pin head is pretty impressive. I wonder how you read it. :eek:

The nanotechnology experts at the Technion institute in Haifa say the text measures less than 0.5 square millimeter (0.01 square inch) surface. They chose the Jewish Bible to highlight how vast quantities of information can be stored in minimum amounts of space.

To be honest I dont think this is impressive, maybe years ago yes, but as the above poster mentioned, micro dots have been on the go for years, I dont know what they could accomodate, but their has been loads of things that size or smaller that could store much inforrmation or whatever else, I remember a nanotech car with engine that actually worked with a tiny tiny tiny drop of fuel and that was a good 5+ years ago, so if they could do that then then a bible on a pin head now isnt that impressive, more a publicity stunt if you ask me.

But I spose that its the time of year for everything xmas related to do the rounds so hooah, merry xmas...

To be honest I dont think this is impressive, maybe years ago yes, but as the above poster mentioned, micro dots have been on the go for years, I dont know what they could accomodate, but their has been loads of things that size or smaller that could store much inforrmation or whatever else, I remember a nanotech car with engine that actually worked with a tiny tiny tiny drop of fuel and that was a good 5+ years ago, so if they could do that then then a bible on a pin head now isnt that impressive, more a publicity stunt if you ask me.

But I spose that its the time of year for everything xmas related to do the rounds so hooah, merry xmas...

now they can put a license plate on it.

ooh oh lol omg lol sarcastic comedy about religion, lol olol we've never heard that before, lol lol !11

The Jewish Bible is more than the Torah; there's also the Prophets and the Writings. Basically everything in the Christian "Old Testament" except for the deuterocanonical parts.

You mean this one?
http://technology.newscientist.com/article/dn9004-nanocar-gets-an-engine.html

As you can read, that one was made end of 2005, so, two years ago, not 5, and it works on light, not fuel.

Okay fine, you do it then... :rolleyes:

You gimme the technology and equipment that they are using I.E. computer controlled technology and I will do it.

As all it is I think is them inputing the bible in text into a computer which then will automatically engrave the pinhead via machines hooked upto the computer, so yea, give me the equipment and no doubt I or any other tech head could have a go at doing it.

:rolleyes: back at ya

You mean this one?
http://technology.newscientist.com/article/dn9004-nanocar-gets-an-engine.html

As you can read, that one was made end of 2005, so, two years ago, not 5, and it works on light, not fuel.

No, not that one, it actually looked like a car, but It had a real engine and the car itself could fit on a pinhead if I recall, I saw pictures of it and everything and it was pretty cool, the design of the car was something from the 30s if I recall, so it was an old style car but with a working engine, maybe not nanotechnology on the scale of single atoms etc, but as tiny as one could build a car with working engine at that time...

I think if I am not mistaken it could be this one

http://www.vincelewis.net/smallcar.html

now, maybe it didnt have a engine in it or not it was a while ago that I saw this on tv, but it did have some sort of drive system, in anycase it maybe this one I am on about, or their maybe something else that is similar, remember I havent got the best longterm memory but it was a good few years that I saw the car in question, I would say atleast 4/5 years, but I could be wrong.

You gimme the technology and equipment that they are using I.E. computer controlled technology and I will do it.

As all it is I think is them inputing the bible in text into a computer which then will automatically engrave the pinhead via machines hooked upto the computer, so yea, give me the equipment and no doubt I or any other tech head could have a go at doing it.

Somebody had to design and build those machines. It's not the use of the machines that is supposed to be impressive so much as their creation and design.

That said, I might have been impressed if they had managed to fit the real bible on a pinhead.

*ducks and hides from the Mossad*

This was alot funnier before clicking the link.
Jewish people reading the Bible. Ha ha.

Nevermind...

OP should change the tittle...

Give you? Do you also want me to build it for you?

Could have, would have, should have, blah, blah, blah.. Until you do it better STFU.

Give you? Do you also want me to build it for you?

Could have, would have, should have, blah, blah, blah.. Until you do it better STFU.

And a merry Xmas to you too nub.

Go back from whence you came, as Nowhere sounds a really good place for you to run the **** back too and in the process hopefully you will trip and end up with the aforementioned bible embedded in your eye.

Nothing like a real close up look to really see how marvellous a jewish bible on a pinhead really is.

Now post something in return if you so wish, but I wont reply to you as I am happily celebrating Christmas, but please wherever Nowhere really is, stay there for the sake of the children, as you might frighting them or possibly yourself with those BIGMEN'S words you posted "STFU" especially if you use them with reckless abandonment.

To Everyone Else, I wish you a sincere Merry Christmas and a Happy Newyear, To you NowhereChild, I hope Santa bring's you the broken Toy Collection.

Goodnight and Godbless.

First glance at the topic and I read it as:

"Pinhead Israeli Scientists Fit Bible On Heads"

Had strange images of dancing scientists with Bibles... oh the hell with it. :)

Ah, so nice to see the holiday spirit has infected this thread like most everyplace else - unfortunately NOD32 can't fix human stupidity.

Happy holidays, folks...

I hate news stories like these. How do we know they actually did it? No picture, no proof. I could say I put 600,000 words on a strand of hair, prove me wrong.

If you're going to be that suspicious, why are you going to believe that the photo is what it says what it is and isn't photoshopped? :p Anyway, a quick Google search yielded several more articles about it, including a couple with a picture:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/technolo...le-on-microchip/2007/12/19/1197740326789.html
http://www.eetimes.eu/israel/205100442?cid=RSSfeed_eetimesEU_israel

The first one has the picture, the second has more information on how it was done.

Ah, thank you. Now that's impressive.

It's not that I was suspicious, it's just that this is the internet, we should have pictures and videos to accompany black/white text. We've gone way past the year 2000, there's no excuse.

Not impressed, I know this redneck that copied any entire Playboy to a roll of toilet paper last year. So ha! to them! :rolleyes:

Back