ISO Membrane Keyboard with No Chicklet Keys

Prozac1964

Limp Gawd
Hi everyone, I've been away for a while. I'm looking to buy a keyboard, no frills standard size, like my Filco Majestouch or Ducky Shine III. I want a membrane keyboard just to try it out again but I hate the flat chicklet keys on many of them.

Essentially I want the exact dimensions, key shape, key slope as my mechanical boards. I wonder if there is a keyword for this so I can search Newegg, Amazon, or Google Shopping to get more accurate results.

Anyone know the magic search string???

Thanks for any help :)

Are you just looking for silent switches? That's the whole reason I love my logitech illuminated keyboard... No noise. It's a chicklet one though. Or are you looking for cost reasons? There are silent mechanical switches but they're uncommon so they're not likely in the "cheap" category.

Thanks for your reply....well I have MX Blacks in both my keyboards. There not too bad really on the noise. So no, not looking for silent switches. I'm a gamer, and flat square keys just don't feel right to me. Yep I noticed a MX Switch called the Silent Key, but I didn't check the prices. It's also important for me to have the standard size keyboard which is a straight rectangle normally 17" x 5" x 1" .... does that help any? :D

Wish I could recommend the Razer Lycosa, but in my experience, you've got a 50/50 shot of getting one that's not pure garbage. When I got one that wasn't defective, my experience was pretty damn good. I loved the low profile (about 1/3 the height of mechanicals) and short stroke action of the keypresses. Being comfortable was what made the Lycosa really great for gaming. Took about 2 years of daily use before the rubber coating on the keys started to wear off. I made the mistake of throwing it away and committing to a replacement.

Unfortunately, the replacement I got off Woot was built so poorly that it literally drove me nuts using it. I have no idea how the same model can go from glorious to garbage. I moved on to mechanical, which probably helped my typing, but I still miss my good Lycosa for gaming.

Stil haven't found anything close to my "good" Lycosa. And, yes, I hate chiclet style keys too.

Back