Isn't the Venice 3000+ supposed to have a 9x multi?

New update! I fucked up my RAM timings, and had to do the old jumper-reset to reset the CMOS. And...sure enough, as soon as I boot up, I'm back to the 11x multi. This is on the latest LPUD bios, too.

So I'm back to 2200MHz (11 x 200). I'll play around with it later tonight...got to go to work.

Holy shit man, you need to like report this to some serious motherboard gurus and see if anything can be done to raise multi's on other chips that aren't "possessed".

Well I have some bad news and some good news for you.

First you chip is completely messed up. Totally fubar. However there is hope.

I specialize in diagnosing and repairing these kinds of things, all you have to do is send you chip to me, and i will take care of it for you. No need to worry, it will be well taken care of.

:p

omfg, do you people read anything? Read the first fucking post.

DFI UT Ultra-D

Okay, now on with the next OFMG WH3RE DO 1 GET ONEZ OF THEEZ TOO LOLZORS!!1!11111 post.

:rolleyes:

So is it prime stable at the 11x multi, or does it just run that speed by a glitch and is not actually stable?

damn 2 times in a day in the same post.

/me
tard.gif

and im a [H]ardness supreme lol

this is what i get for not posting in a while Eclipse

That's very, very cool. In bios, can you set the multi even higher? It may be that you even got stuck with something unlocked. In any case, I'd like to see what the max o/c is for this chip :)

Sottilde said:
That's very, very cool. In bios, can you set the multi even higher? It may be that you even got stuck with something unlocked. In any case, I'd like to see what the max o/c is for this chip :)

No, he already said that when he goes into the BIOS it reverts back to the 9x multiplier. He does not have an unlocked chip. For some reason the BIOS is just detecting it wrong or something and forcing an 11x multiplier although i dont know how it would do that.

And he doesn't have a DFI Ultra-D. He has the budget DFI NF4 board which is the LPUD.

LPUD = LanParty Ultra-D

That was for the keen people out there with their [H]ard core problem solving skills... :rolleyes:

LanParty, UT, whatever...they both stand for the same damn thing, the value Ultra-D...and the only difference between the two packages (value and non-value) are the extra goodies inside. Boards are exactly the same. Must be something in the water, all the Supreme's have a case of the stupids today. I expect the obvious "I diddn't read the thread before I replied" from the [H] lite two posts up, but c'mon guys wtf. Get with it, nubbins. :rolleyes: :p

tsuehpsyde said:
Must be something in the water, all the Supreme's have a case of the stupids today.
cut me a little slack, look at my post count and try to guess what i'm aiming for ;)

burningrave: what you say seems to hit the nail on the head.. but the real question is why? i sorta touched on it, but without any real detail.

skyy: can you increase the fsb in the bios without making the multi drop to where it should be?

(cf)Eclipse said:
skyy: can you increase the fsb in the bios without making the multi drop to where it should be?
He mentioned it defaulted to 9x as soon as he entered the BIOS...
There has to be a trick to raise the multiplier, I would LOVE to have a 10x Multi on this cpu.

actually, i just realized something..

can you run some benches with the 11x multi and with the 9x multi?

(cf)Eclipse said:
cut me a little slack, look at my post count and try to guess what i'm aiming for ;)

burningrave: what you say seems to hit the nail on the head.. but the real question is why? i sorta touched on it, but without any real detail.

My post per day average is cathing up to yours. I post during school even, only blocks 1 and 4 I can't. lol

tsuehpsyde said:
omfg, do you people read anything? Read the first fucking post.

DFI UT Ultra-D

Okay, now on with the next OFMG WH3RE DO 1 GET ONEZ OF THEEZ TOO LOLZORS!!1!11111 post.

:rolleyes:

So is it prime stable at the 11x multi, or does it just run that speed by a glitch and is not actually stable?
Heh--guys don't be so hard on each other, this is a good forum, probably one of the better tech-nerd ones. Of course it has idiots who don't read...but it's got way more experienced, tech-savvy geeks than most. I can't complain about [H].

And concerning prime95--I'll try it tonight. Right now I'm running at 2420 MHz, 1.35Vcore (220 x 11). We'll see how long prime lasts at this...and of course if it doesn't pass, I'll just drop it down to the "stock" 11 x 200. I'll definitely report back.

/edit: 2.4 GHz didn't run well at 1.35V. I'm backing off to 200 x 11, 1.35V.

Tech-Savvy, eh? Don't visit the video card section much I see. :) Man, they're pretty bad up there. I need to log off and rest for a while if I read a full thread there...

(cf)Eclipse said:
can you run some benches with the 11x multi and with the 9x multi?
i'll reiterate, because i have a suspicion that things are just misreporting, all you gotta do is run superpi 1m at 9x and "11x", to see if the cpu is really at 11x.. though if it's topping out at 220x11 with stock volts.. well, are you certain it's not the ram? 2.4ghz with stock volts kinda puts your core kinda low in the grand scheme of things

edit: yes.. the video card forum. i never post there anymore :p

I do, but usually only to point out that nVidia and ATi are so alike performance now-a-days that only fan boys fuel the fire and to correct someone saying PCIx, PCI-x, PCIX, or the like that it's PCIe, PCI-e, or PCI-E. Other than that, I just stick to memory and AMD, I've started to confuse the hell out of everyone around me by talking about the memory modules on ram... lol.

SuperPI has been running constantly since I last posted. I have it doing the torture test that stresses the FPU most (as opposed to the RAM-stressing option). Again, it's at 11 x 200 @ 1.35V.

give 220 and 3:4 divider a shot see if its the mem thats not liking the speed
also push the Vcore to 1.40 and see what happens

(cf)Eclipse can help ya fine tune it better then i can ^^

Hey...quick question...for the lanparty ultra D, what's the easiest way of un-screwing your mainboard when you set the FSB too high? Like...too high to enter the BIOS again?

Is there anything easier (like holding down certain keys during startup) that I can do, so I don't have to mess with moving the red jumper on the mainboard itself?

So what's the word there SKYY, Prime stable at stock voltage with "stock" 2.2GHz? :p

Oh yes. I just woke up after running the prime FPU torture test all night. Not a single error...and I even had the voltage set lower (1.30).

Anybody know if the motherboard guru's have looked at this, should the SKYY post a question about this in the mobo subforum...or am I just crazy?

OH SHIT, You are making me excited, I just got my cpu in the mail today, but I don't have a video card to put it in my epox nf4 ultra board, and I got the YBBLE 0523CPBW too, hmm, what to do. I do have this msi board im using ......

I don't know why you brought this thread up from the grave, but I will respond to your post:

YBBLE? Are you sure that's the code? I haven't seen one of those yet.

Sure the "y" isn't a typo?

mikelz85 said:
I don't know why you brought this thread up from the grave, but I will respond to your post:
So someone figures out why this is happening to his chip... or if it still is...

Hmm... the op hasn't posted in over a month..

To think, you all thought intel could be greedy over chips people arent suposed to have....Its pretty clear that AMD kidnapped him and his chip, cmon get with the program guys this is the simplest answer.

Back