Isn't the Venice 3000+ supposed to have a 9x multi?

SKYY

2[H]4U
Ok, so I finally get my new system put together (3000+ venice, DFI LPUD, 6600GT, 1GB Twinmos), and I fire it up without tweaking a thing. I load up win XP SP2, install the latest CPU-z, and here's the first screenshot I take:

SKYY_CPUz.PNG

Can anyone confirm that the 3000+ is supposed to have a 9x multi? And what's with my GHz, and Vcore? I thought it was a 1.8 GHz, 1.45V chip, stock?

Yeah, 9x for 3000+ I'm pretty sure. I don't think the multi changed from the Winchesters. Is it the same in the bios? Or on the my computer properties does it say its running at 2.2 ghz as well? Maybe you lucked out /shrug

sipher said:
Yeah, 9x for 3000+ I'm pretty sure. I don't think the multi changed from the Winchesters. Is it the same in the bios? Or on the my computer properties does it say its running at 2.2 ghz as well? Maybe you lucked out /shrug
Yea mines 9x too... My voltage is also at 1.4v (yours is 1.35)... And my stock clock was 1.8.. Thats just wierd (and lucky) that u got a good chip.

Nope! Well...the head spreader read that it was a 3000+, at least. I won't dare take off the spreader to read the core!

ok that's pretty weird. My Venice 3000+ is 1.36V, 9X200.9 at stock. I had a problem with CPU-Z giving me a blank memory menu so had to load Everest to confirm. My 3DMark05 system details page also has my CPU settings off. As far as software goes, CPU-Z is the most reliable one for CPU info I've encountered, but it's always possible to have an exception. The blank memory tab on my CPU-Z could mean there are other potential rare problems.

Where did you buy the chip?!?!?! :D!!!! I bet their inventory will instantly drop!

load it up in CBID and see what it says check everest too then post some screens from them

SKYY said:
Nope! Well...the head spreader read that it was a 3000+, at least. I won't dare take off the spreader to read the core!

There is nothing to read underneath the spreader there bud. And if you want to know if it really has an 11x multiplier why dont you just hit delete and go into the BIOS? Then you'll know. Thats crazy if you got a 3000+ with an 11x multiplier.

If that's an actual flub, that's by far the coolest flub I've ever seen. If you're on the stock heatsink, yank that off and write down the letters/numbers on the top (you can still see em thru the gray gunk, but a picture wouldn't really work on it). Also, try everest and right click your "My Computer" and see what it says for the GHz.

Lastly, boot into the BIOS and see what you can run for CPU multipliers in the BIOS. Keep us updated, this is really strange...

this is probably a 3500+ that got named 3000+ :) since it's running @ 2.2ghz already hehe dang ur lucky..free overclock.

What would be cool is if CPU-Z correctly reported a 13x multi.

I would be in shock if an FX55 was mislabled. But, since they are literally hand picked, that won't happen.

and wow if its stable at that Vcore like that put it to 1.4 and see how far it will go i can see it hitting 2.8 O.O

Elios said:
and wow if its stable at that Vcore like that put it to 1.4 and see how far it will go i can see it hitting 2.8 O.O

I can see it hitting 2.7-2.8 and topping out there like every other RevE chip that isn't an FX!

My friend recently got a 3800+ venice....I got it to suicide to 2.71GHz on stock volts and the next HTT bump BSOD'd it....I'm sure with a little voltage he'd hit 2.8.

I'm not taking this system apart now...too much hassle. But you're in luck, I did manage to post the chip's info in this forum when the chip arrived in the mail. Good old search:

SKYY said:
Sweet! I just got my Venice 3000+ in the mail today! It's a LBBLE 0516 CPBW. Got it straight from zipzoomfly ($154 shipped). I'm hoping for similar performance, but we'll see. Hopefully my mainboard (DFI LPUD) and RAM (Twinmos) will arrive soon. :eek:

I'll be using the stock HSF, though. It looks nice for a stock sink. Lots of thin fins.

More confirmation...from windows itself:

I'll benchmark it later...super PI I guess. I hate running benchmarks, it makes me feel like such a nerd. :eek:

sdfaj3u92qwhgf9j9i23.PNG

that's extremely interesting. my guess is that you weren't supposed to get that cpu ;)

Wow that is very interesting indeed.

If you want, download this CPU ID program from AMD and tell us what the results are!

Megadeth_Guy01 said:
Dude, freaking go into the BIOS already and confirm this lol.
What do you want me to show you from the BIOS?

DejaWiz said:
Wow that is very interesting indeed.

If you want, download this CPU ID program from AMD and tell us what the results are!
tagrw45w5hb54h7q53q.PNG

Says it's overclocked. I don't see the multi anywhere though...kind of a useless program IMO?

looks like u got very, very lucky and got 3500+ rebadged as 3000+ :D One last test remains tho: go to bios and see what cpu frequency/multiplier is set to :D

After that, if I were u, I'd take a trip to vegas.... ;)

SKYY said:
Says it's overclocked. I don't see the multi anywhere though...kind of a useless program IMO?
Not so worthless. I was curious to see how the HTL busses were being reported. You have quite a unique CPU. Very lucky to have it. Now go play lotto! :D

Kinda weird how CBID calls it a 3200+ instead of a 3500+ :confused:

Damn, that's definately cool as hell. Buy a second one and if it's the same thing, I'll re-imburse ya. :D

TehQuick said:
looks like u got very, very lucky and got 3500+ rebadged as 3000+ :D One last test remains tho: go to bios and see what cpu frequency/multiplier is set to :D

After that, if I were u, I'd take a trip to vegas.... ;)
Heh--I was in vegas last weekend. :D

I'll check around in the BIOS. If I find something cool, I'll take a picture (I guess).

I have the same processor sitting on my desk about to RMA it because a pin was bent, I've just straightened it. My AMD 'batch code' is...

LBBLE 0516 CPCW.

Yours is CPBW. No idea what difference this is.

liberty said:
I have the same processor sitting on my desk about to RMA it because a pin was bent, I've just straightened it. My AMD 'batch code' is...

LBBLE 0516 CPCW.

Yea but yours probably doesn't have an 11x multiplier.

Hehehe probably not but here's to hoping!

Assuming my RAM is good I should be able to run a 3:4 and get the 1.8ghz to a 2.6-2.7 but we'll soon see. Was thinking of hopefully being about to run around 330 HTT. Seems like a lottery on how well your hardware will perform.

Hope the funny pin won't affect performance lol.

liberty said:
LBBLE 0516 CPCW.

his is the batch after yours

First Digit is either R through to X for Monday to Sunday or A through to G for same. M means mixed assembly lot.
P merely means Penang
3rd digit is the sequential batch of cores used in assembly - so if they are using the first batch for that day its an A second batch is B and so forth. M means the cores used in the assembly came from different batches.
The existence of a W for the 4th letter means mixing of wafer lots in the core fabrication was prohibited. Its absence means the wafer lots could be mixed when making a batch of cores.
0450 etc is self explanatory and is the week of assembly.

Quick update: I don't know how it happened, but once I went into the bios to check the multi, it defaulted to 9x. It was set to 11x after I installed the chip, but once I checked it in the BIOS, it went back to nine. Oh well...maybe it was a fault in the stock BIOS. I don't feel like testing it much more, though. :p

But the fact is...the 9x 3000+ was running with an 11x multi. Surely there must be a way to trick these mainboards into defaulting to 11x, purposefully?

MaMMa said:
sorry i got excited :(
*pats back*

there there mamma, it'll be ok :)

and skyy... that's an interesting quirk. i'm fairly that the default multi, voltage, ect are hard coded into a rom from the fab plant. it's possible that something crazy happened, and your cpu was misread

What BIOS version are you running? You need to update it to the lastest official 310 or newer if you havn't already.

Back