Is Your PC Ready For Battlefield 3?

It looks like the new MOH does.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks about like the MOH does

It does look similar but the ambiance is a lot different. better shadows and overall appearance. Light glare is more refined as well.

gameplay and hit registering is a lot better though. MOH wasn't terrible it just had poor maps and low number of players. Seems like there was usual crowd and if you were new to the game you would get destroyed and it wasn't fun until you learned a strategy.

I wish it had the bc2 weapon section system... I hate the ak47 and the 74 or w/e in every game that has them.

my only issue with MOH is if you haven't played every day and have the most uber of guns you get mowed down every time. F that.

i'm just watching a video battlefield 3 beta now. i've never really watched a video of the new cod or battlefield until now.

i remember playing battlefield 2 that was fun. now watching the new video bf3 it looks beautiful.

i cant get into this game...tried it on the 360 anyways, of course compared to the pc it looks like garbage, but honestly all shooters suck on a console, including Gears of War and Halo so im not easy to impress

i cant get into this game...tried it on the 360 anyways, of course compared to the pc it looks like garbage, but honestly all shooters suck on a console, including Gears of War and Halo so im not easy to impress

Couldn't disagree more bro... This is by far the best shooter I have played to date. The graphics are fantastic. You can kill people on level one unlike BC2 where you need to level up to 1000000000 with kryptonite bullets before you could friggin kill someone.

While awaiting this game I kept thinking it was the graphics that were going to knock my socks off but the audio is a such a close second. When an RPG flies by and you hear the sound wave it is so impressive. Unless Activision has been hiding all the tech they plan on putting into MW3 it's going to look like a joke compared to this game. I mean the BETA is impressive, I cannot imagine what the full game will be like.

Audio in Bad Company 2 was fantastic, so this would need to work very hard to be an improvement. At the moment though it's difficult to see past all the crippling bugs.

All I know is my GTX 480 passed the test and so did everything else. It's a good feeling. I can now go into BF3 with Fermi and later...Kepler. Out!

My 470 gtx is doing fine on high settings. The money for a new card to go to ultra is holding me back.

Aparently 6870s CFed and my rig (in sig) dont pass for 1920x1080 Ultra quality. Even though thats what Im running right now. Fucking scam, this is why I dislike nVidia

Audio in Bad Company 2 was fantastic, so this would need to work very hard to be an improvement. At the moment though it's difficult to see past all the crippling bugs.

The audio is MUCH better and in particular I think the positional audio in headphone mode is great in BF3 beta.

My PC Certainly is, but my router is not... My WRT54G I have to use while my modem's stealing the wndr's power adapter can't handle the random traffic BF3 throws out... It DC's like mad :(

Well been playing some BF 3, with my Asus P5E-VM, 8 Gigs ram, 9800GT, etc. Really thinking of upgrading my video card but I wanted to wait for kepler. Not even sure the eVGA trade up program would do me any good since it's only 3 months if I understand right. funny thing is, I really need a better mouse.

You can play the game at low quality and 1366x768 with a single 8800GTX and have no problems.....granted you obviously don't get the eye candy and huge resolution but its still playable. I enjoy playing this game just wish i could see better effects. So that tool is definitely a marketing ploy to get you to buy newer hardware.

E6700 @ 3.7
8800gt volt modded/oc@ 800/1800/950
4gb ddr2

1680x1050 Medium setting . so far decent/playable. Being unemployed sucks, wanting to upgrade because of this game

E6700 @ 3.7
8800gt volt modded/oc@ 800/1800/950
4gb ddr2

1680x1050 Medium setting . so far decent/playable. Being unemployed sucks, wanting to upgrade because of this game

I take that back.. had to turn down overclock to 780 on my gpu, and 1680x1050 with a mix of low and medium settings, or 1480x900 with a mix of settings..

the game said yes

bf3ground2.jpg

bf3ground.jpg

Back