Is Yeston a decent brand?

modi123

Supreme [H]ardness
Going through a few youtube videos today, and this came up. Yeah I see a few topics a year or or so ago, but these folk are new to me. Has anyone had any experience with Yeston branded video cards?

Waifu, anime, and chibi ascetics aside, is Yeston a viable alternative out there for video cards? I'm a little leery on the whole 'dropping 1k on wish' sites, but if this is another manufacture to get behind in this shortage I could live with a waifu card if it holds up and hits the marks.

The tear down looked fairly positive for manufacturing and what not.

Any kind of warranty issue will likely be a nightmare to deal with. From reading it, they will deny your warranty for a variety of reasons. Can't take apart the card, repaste it, mine it, or change the fans, or the warranty will be denied. Their support number is a chinese number, so expect non-english phone support. And to top that off, your warranty would have to be shipped to china.

Warranty info (A bit on the engrish side)- http://www.yeston.net/classpro/index/70

With that said, it likely is a real card, but its probably meant more for asian markets, so expect lower quality components and/or higher failure rates.

Given the rarity of video cards, if it's real, it's probably worth buying so long as it's near MSRP for the appropriate card type.

I'll let you know in about two weeks, just ordered one of their 6800s as a joke. Cheapest prices I saw were $1500 for the 6800. Someone had a 6800xt listed which is what I wanted, but it had all the specs listed as those of a 6800 so I think it was a mistake in their listing. Not seeing any 6700xt's left on aliexpress but from what I recall they were only a couple hundred dollars less than the 6800s.

That thing would look pretty cool in this case.

Edit: The pink japanese garden one at about 3:45.

I'll let you know in about two weeks, just ordered one of their 6800s as a joke. Cheapest prices I saw were $1500 for the 6800. Someone had a 6800xt listed which is what I wanted, but it had all the specs listed as those of a 6800 so I think it was a mistake in their listing. Not seeing any 6700xt's left on aliexpress but from what I recall they were only a couple hundred dollars less than the 6800s.
No bargains on ali express or alibaba.

I honestly could dig a pastel colored card, maybe with pudding style LEDs on it. As long as the cooling was actually worthwhile. It would match my keyboard.

I honestly could dig a pastel colored card, maybe with pudding style LEDs on it. As long as the cooling was actually worthwhile. It would match my keyboard.
Is your keyboard kawaii as well?

product-image-1530501187_800x.jpg

I'll let you be the judge of that.
1622578072791.png

PXL_20210601_195957502._2_exported_1622577809930.gif

(Though I rarely have it on rainbow vomit)

I just like the soft, diffused light look better than straight up RGB colors. I'm also just kinda getting tired of black or white being the only real primary color option on EVERYTHING.

Bad news, the aliexpress seller marked the item as shipped but then said they couldn't get any inventory so I had to cancel my order (after marking it as "received", so probably a scammer). So now I get to wait out the clock until I can file a claim. I love Chinese e-shopping, it's always such a reliable and pleasant experience. /s

Bad news, the aliexpress seller marked the item as shipped but then said they couldn't get any inventory so I had to cancel my order (after marking it as "received", so probably a scammer). So now I get to wait out the clock until I can file a claim. I love Chinese e-shopping, it's always such a reliable and pleasant experience. /s
Yea.. i'd never buy high in-demand video cards from aliexpress/alibaba. Read stories of people buying video cards through those sites with fake labels / boxes / bioses.

I've had success on literally 1 out of 4 orders from AliExpress. Laptop battery, adjustable dumbbells, power transformer... None were ever actually sent after months (all refunded). The only thing I did get was surprisingly the largest and most fragile: a new panel for a 32" monitor... two months after ordering and a few weeks sitting in customs.

The business model is geared towards volume buyers, so unless you're buying 100 unlikely it will ship.

Alibaba is supposed to be volume buys for businesses, AliExpress is supposed to be like Amazon for consumers, is what I thought the point was. Either way my experiences on both are more hit or miss than even ebay.

Alibaba is supposed to be volume buys for businesses, AliExpress is supposed to be like Amazon for consumers, is what I thought the point was. Either way my experiences on both are more hit or miss than even ebay.
AliExpress is supposed to be for consumers, but I think in reality it's more an extension of Alibaba so suppliers can "shop" for Western volume/semi-volume customers.

I've been successful buying thermal pads from Aliexpress. The only way, until very recently, to get the 120mm * 120mm Thermalright pads was from Aliexpress. And still the only way to get the 120mm * 120mm Gelid Extreme pads (0.5mm, 1.0mm and 1.5mm thicknesses only) are from Aliexpress. At least there are a few reliable sellers selling those pads there.

Back