Is Windows 10 20H2 the worst windows yet?

Fixed it for you .. and THAT ... I agree with. :)
Contextually speaking, both my comment and your so called modified comment both mean the same thing.

The 'reality' is: Windows is the most plagued platform out there, and as evidenced considering the worlds most popular OS with just as much if not more of an attack vector (being Android) that's got nothing to do with popularity. But don't let me stop you from using it as I really don't care.

Because it's wrong...
/s
And there we go again. Usually I refuse to answer your posts as they're no more then just fanboi one liner rubbish that don't contribute in any meaningful way to the discussion whatsoever. It looks like I'm gonna have to do the same again, as nothing's changed - Your posts are every bit as pointless as they always were, based on nothing but 'all those that oppose Windows in any way are wrong'.

I posted links to statistics proving my points, you posted one line of garbage. My points are not wrong, Windows is the most attacked platform out there by an order of magnitude compared to Android which is globally the most popular OS available today.

Therefore, the concept of security via obscurity is moot. Windows is not the most attacked platform due to it's popularity as there's another platform that's just as useful (if not more useful) an attack vector and it suffers a mere fraction of the infections experienced under Windows.
Removing your possessive pronoun made it a factual statement..
..and you sure do put up a fuss for someone who really doesn't care, lol.
Removing the pronoun made it a general statement with no context. Nice try though. As for my statement highlighting that I don't care what OS you run, it still holds true - However certain realities still apply.

"usefulness" does not equal "popularity" and we're not talking about phones...
What's useful to yourself isn't useful to another and vice versa. A vast majority of people can achieve everything they need to achieve on their phone or a Samsung tablet (or even an iPad) with far less hassle. I know that personally I replaced my heavy, power hungry laptop that always wanted to update in the rare instance I used it, due to the fact I don't use it that often with the exception of a handful of jobs, with a Samsung Tab S5e running DeX mode.

The tablet with keyboard folio was the best thing I ever bought, I even have a working terminal.

As stated, we'll talk about phones when they present an attack vector with more potential than many Windows desktops.

What's useful to yourself isn't useful to another and vice versa. A vast majority of people can achieve everything they need to achieve on their phone or a Samsung tablet (or even an iPad) with far less hassle. I know that personally I replaced my heavy, power hungry laptop that always wanted to update in the rare instance I used it, due to the fact I don't use it that often with the exception of a handful of jobs, with a Samsung Tab S5e running DeX mode.

The tablet with keyboard folio was the best thing I ever bought, I even have a working terminal.

As stated, we'll talk about phones when they present an attack vector with more potential than many Windows desktops.
blah blah blah. look at what you wrote.

blah blah blah. look at what you wrote.
Really?!

Such a comment is no more than a back against the wall inability to provide a decent rebuttal.

I have my opinion, you have your opinion, I don't expect everyone to agree with my opinion, you shouldn't expect everyone to agree with your opinion - End of discussion. This thread's degrading now, I'm out.

Really?!

Such a comment is no more than a back against the wall inability to provide a decent rebuttal.

I have my opinion, you have your opinion, I don't expect everyone to agree with my opinion, you shouldn't expect everyone to agree with your opinion - End of discussion. This thread's degrading now, I'm out.
lol yup, blah blah blah "degrading" now, ha. see ya.

The only OS that should have won was AmigaOS...

Nope, Amiga on the Amiga side and OS/2 Warp on the PC side. I did like Windows, it was fun but, OS/2 on the PC side is why I loved computers back then. Oh well, it is what it is.

ManofGod hey I remember your posts being pretty reticent with respect to Linux a few years back. Happy to see you've tried something different but may I ask what triggered the change?

ManofGod hey I remember your posts being pretty reticent with respect to Linux a few years back. Happy to see you've tried something different but may I ask what triggered the change?

I have always used Linux, on and off, since 1996 and started with Slackware. I have no issues with Windows 10 and how it works but, with everything going on, I decided to permanently to Ubuntu 20.04, for local privacy and security concerns. There are other changes I made that have nothing to do with Linux. (Everything going on should be pretty self explanatory.)

Atari TOS vs Amiga Workbench 1989.
I never liked Atari TOS, the Macintosh like animations were cool, but damn was it bland. Plus I don't think it allowed for preemptive multitasking like AmigaOS (I could be wrong on that however).

I never liked Atari TOS, the Macintosh like animations were cool, but damn was it bland. Plus I don't think it allowed for preemptive multitasking like AmigaOS (I could be wrong on that however).
TOS4.x for the 32bit/Falcon TT did, but 16bit ST was like a pseudo multitasking. The whole line died before TOS matured. Amiga/commodore was way ahead on that one.

I miss the Amiga times. But the real magic was C64. I wish internet was available back then. All the literature was painfully outdated and expensive back then.

I have always used Linux, on and off, since 1996 and started with Slackware. I have no issues with Windows 10 and how it works but, with everything going on, I decided to permanently to Ubuntu 20.04, for local privacy and security concerns. There are other changes I made that have nothing to do with Linux. (Everything going on should be pretty self explanatory.)
how is that working out? Seemed like you were hard core windows person for longest time lol. Am just really curious if its time the rest of us switch :)

how is that working out? Seemed like you were hard core windows person for longest time lol. Am just really curious if its time the rest of us switch :)

Truth is, I have never been a hardcore any OS person. It is just that it annoyed me quite often when inaccurate information was shared as fact about Windows itself. An IT professional and an person generally interested in IT should never tie themselves to just one OS, as far as understanding and using it goes.

However, with everything going on lately.......

I miss the Amiga times. But the real magic was C64. I wish internet was available back then. All the literature was painfully outdated and expensive back then.
I've got both here and both go online, I can actually surf the internet on the C64 - In limited text only mode however. I like the BBS scene, awesome communities that are actually very populated and becoming busier all the time.

My heart was always with the 8bit machines, they just held so much wonder at the time. Probably why I just bought and am restoring/upgrading an 8bit Atari to add to the collection.

Last edited:
I've got both here and both go online, I can actually surf the internet on the C64 - In limited text only mode however. I like the BBS scene, awesome communities that are actually very populated and becoming busier all the time.

My heart was always with the 8bit machines, they just held so much wonder at the time. Probably why I just bought and am restoring/upgrading an 8bit Atari to add to the collection.
I remember how limited information was back then. I knew about internet but had no idea what it took to use it. A class mate of mine claimed with a serious face that he could contact his bank by just plugging in the electricity to the computer :D I didn't quite buy that. Or maybe he had vichy's "packets flying around" mode which enabled internet through the power supply :D

I remember how limited information was back then. I knew about internet but had no idea what it took to use it. A class mate of mine claimed with a serious face that he could contact his bank by just plugging in the electricity to the computer :D I didn't quite buy that. Or maybe he had vichy's "packets flying around" mode which enabled internet through the power supply :D
It's why you had to go to a brick and mortar computer store. Between the few BBS, magazines/cyclicals and the nerds at the computer store you would get a better idea of what happening/whats coming. With all the competing architectures and OS's, it was a cool time to be around. Wild West. Computer Chronicles on TY is a great watch.

It's why you had to go to a brick and mortar computer store. Between the few BBS, magazines/cyclicals and the nerds at the computer store you would get a better idea of what happening/whats coming. With all the competing architectures and OS's, it was a cool time to be around. Wild West. Computer Chronicles on TY is a great watch.
I miss that "open horizon" era, where it looked like so much was possible, and so much competition or free market ideas were active. Now it's like a tech distopia in comparison, where we are forced to bend the knee to the giants of industry. Anti-trust was never enforced on the parties that it should have been, so here we are.

I miss that "open horizon" era, where it looked like so much was possible, and so much competition or free market ideas were active. Now it's like a tech distopia in comparison, where we are forced to bend the knee to the giants of industry. Anti-trust was never enforced on the parties that it should have been, so here we are.
Yeah. I do see arm and risc v as a bit of a opening up of the gates.

Yeah. I do see arm and risc v as a bit of a opening up of the gates.
In the server realm for sure, the cloud will be full of them. But that only means Amazon is going to get more marketshare with theirs, I would predict. It will be a long time before consumer grade hardware leaves x86 in the trash.

In the server realm for sure, the cloud will be full of them. But that only means Amazon is going to get more marketshare with theirs, I would predict. It will be a long time before consumer grade hardware leaves x86 in the trash.
Except Apple already moved to M1 architecture and the most proliferate computing platform today (like it or not), cell phones, have been running RISC for ages. So it already is in consumer grade hardware.

Back