is Win10 build 19041 the latest build on MS Insider?

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
Needing to format my PC, and was going to try out Win10 Enterprise build 19041 on MS Insider, just making sure that is the latest "Beta" on the insider ring, anyone know? Ive never used the insider builds before and just confused about "fast ring" and "slow ring" terms, can someone school me there aswell please?!

Needing to format my PC, and was going to try out Win10 Enterprise build 19041 on MS Insider, just making sure that is the latest "Beta" on the insider ring, anyone know? Ive never used the insider builds before and just confused about "fast ring" and "slow ring" terms, can someone school me there aswell please?!
im on 10 pro insider fast ring and im at build 19592(version 2004). fast ring is pretty much weekly updates, slow is monthly.

Glad I asked this question! Thanks for the replies guys. I cant find 19592, Where do you guys see it on the insider downloads?

Glad I asked this question! Thanks for the replies guys. I cant find 19592, Where do you guys see it on the insider downloads?
mine came through windows update last friday.

I think 19592 is the next version of Windows (20H2), not the fast ring of 2004.
ill post you a screen shot of sys info when i get home tonight. its 19592(2004)

No need, I'm not doubting it says that. But if you look at previous builds, every spring/fall version jumps ahead by 500"ish" in the build numbers. I bet Microsoft just hasn't updated the text yet.

You can read more about that here and here by looking through past versions.

Anyways, just pointing it out not really worth starting a new discussion about.

Last edited:
No need, I'm not doubting it says that. But if you look at previous builds, every spring/fall version jumps ahead by 500"ish" in the build numbers. I bet Microsoft just hasn't updated the text yet.

You can read more about that here and here by looking through past versions.

Anyways, just pointing it out not really worth starting a new discussion about.
ive been on insider since day one, it only looks like it jumps that much but there are many releases in between. the version numbers are yy/mm format and yes it doesnt change until way closer to public release.

mine came through windows update last friday.

ok, so i can install 19041 and windows update will get me the latest version I guess?? I didnt know these builds still had WU in them, neat. Im assuming I can use my current KEY for activation?

ok, so i can install 19041 and windows update will get me the latest version I guess?? I didnt know these builds still had WU in them, neat. Im assuming I can use my current KEY for activation?
should be able to use your existing key and if you join the fast ring it will bring you up to 19592. windows update isnt going anywhere, as far as i know its just under "updates and security" now.

Back