Is Visiontek still around?

testicus

Limp Gawd
I've got a 2year old GeForce 2 that's suppposed to be under lifetime warranty. It went kaput and I can't get through to the Visiontek Home or any other page.

Thanks. Found the original paperwork and got the phone number. Long story short, I'm screwed and the "NEW" VisionTek sucks. Will not own one of their products again and thinking about contacting my states Attorney General

Yeah I agree the new Visiontek, seems to be a very non-reputable company. There business practices and "contests" are not what I consider to be something that I look for in a company that I can spend 500 bucks on their product for.

visiontek sucks. The fan on my GF3 died. I e-mailed them and they told me they would send me a new one in 4-6 weeks. E-mailed them again in 4-6 weeks they told me the same thing, etc... etc... They are scamming bastards who will not honor a warranty.

http://www.visiontek.com/12_17_02.html

Hartford plans to make its new line of XTASY graphic products available through leading retailers and e-tailers in the first quarter of 2003. VisionTek’s graphics products will come with a limited lifetime warranty and toll free technical support. Hartford is honoring all XTASY retail product warranties to consumers who purchased VisionTek retail packaged products in the past and they are continuing to provide toll-free technical support on all current XTASY retail products purchased from VisionTek’s retailers.

Have they changed their policy since 1.5 years ago?

Devnull said:
visiontek sucks. The fan on my GF3 died. I e-mailed them and they told me they would send me a new one in 4-6 weeks. E-mailed them again in 4-6 weeks they told me the same thing, etc... etc... They are scamming bastards who will not honor a warranty.

Do you realize that the company you bought the card from does not even exist any more except for their trustees filing lawsuits?

The company that is NOW VistionTek has no legal need to warranty those cards. Hartford Computer simply bought the name of the previous company.

Please stop posting your little rants about a $1 fan and get your story RIGHT. If you are going to bash, take it somewhere else.

This is your warning.

kuyaglen said:
The old VisionTek is now BFG Tech.

No, the old VisionTek is NOT BFGTech. You are simply incorrect.

testicus said:
I've got a 2year old GeForce 2 that's suppposed to be under lifetime warranty. It went kaput and I can't get through to the Visiontek Home or any other page.

Again, they do not have to honor our warranty because Hartford did not sell you the card. I mailed their support email on Sunday night and got a response on Monday morning. If they are willing to help you out on a product they made NO PROFIT from, you might consider them going way out of their way to help you.

Still writing my A.G. The web page said they would honor all warranties and they not honoring mine.
I feel that if they bought the name and said they would honor old VisionTek warranties, then they should!
It's not about profit, it's about sticking to what you said, not posting one thing on a web page and saying something entirely different when you call them

Had the same problem with a TI4200 and TI500. Bastards are outright liars. After I complained enough they "offered" me 50 dollars toward an ATI P.O.S. if Id send in my bad card. Lifetime doesnt mean squat in visiontek's vocabulary.

:mad:

Kangg said:
Had the same problem with a TI4200 and TI500. Bastards are outright liars. After I complained enough they "offered" me 50 dollars toward an ATI P.O.S. if Id send in my bad card. Lifetime doesnt mean squat in visiontek's vocabulary.

the company that sold you a lifetime warranty is no longer in business. the current company that calls itself visiontek has NO obligation to give you anything

I question their motivations for purchasing the name in the first place.

interesting... so it is ok to buy a name, which in this case.. happens to be on who knows how many video cards.. and not have to legally support them.

one would think they would be bound to them.

for lack of better words.. i cannot agree with this tactic. but apparently, i dont matter! :eek:

anyway.. good luck with your visiontek cards.

Damn.... I had very lengthy post explaining my experiance with the new V-tek, then my connection crapped out right as I hit submit :mad: . To be extremely brief, I got a straight up trade for my dead 4200 for a working 9600 Pro, but since then the mod who was fixing up the company, mnm11 (a left-over from the old V-tek), left. After he left, or at least it is assumed he left, hasn't been seen for months and no explanation, things are deteriorationg. I'm a fairly regular poster at their boards so I know quite a bit about the situation.... Maybe I'll write up a good detailed reply like I had before in a couple days (and be sure to copy it before I press submit, grrr, i always forget).

Kangg said:

Thats a deal and damn kind fo them. Id take it if i were you. You could get a 9800Pro (MUCH better then what you have) for $150.

pxc said:
http://www.visiontek.com/12_17_02.html

Have they changed their policy since 1.5 years ago?

I had a couple Visiontek Xtasy GeForce 3 Ti 500's and a Ti 200 (most from Best Buy) I tried to get warranty replacements on after the fans died and cooked the GPU's (and subsequently killed the cards). Unfortunately, they said they didn't have any stock to honor warranties and the best they could offer is literally a couple bucks off a more than retail priced ATI-based card.

So I wound up buying replacements online. So Basically I foot the bill for two customers and my younger brother instead of Visiontek's so called "still in effect lifetime warranty for older products" replacing them. I would have taken like a refurb Ti 4200 or something for a few bucks more instead of having to spend $$$ on replacements.

Mind you all this happened back in mid 2003. So apparently 6 months after that announcement, they suddenly had no or low stock on warranty cards. Their press release sounds nice and all, but the truth is your chances of a warranty replacement are pretty slim. Heck, I've even had a friend try to warranty a Ti 4200 recently to no avail. Either way, I still keep the Ti 200 around today as a paperweight to remind me never to buy Visiontek.

Intrestingly enough, things aren't going so good on Visionteks forums either when it comes to the threads about RMA'ing nVidia-based Xtasy cards.

http://forum.visiontek.com/tt.asp?appid=8

Here's a qoute for you:

good luck,
that happened to my ti4600
after 2 months of no reply
i called and i forget what the excuse was but they said all the ti4600 are not made anymore since they dont make nvidia based cards anymore
they gave me the option of getting a 9600 pro
but all of those were on backorder or something
it ended up taking 5-6 months to get a replacement

and now the fan on the 4 months old 9600pro is out
so now i dont know what to do :-/

Yeah, things were starting to turn around for a little while, back in february or march, don't remember, but it's gone sour again. But at least they took some steps towards helping their old customers... for a long time they had no boards for their old products, and didn't really acknowledge their existance. All of the old threads where they were fixing things up are gone now (I was particularly proud of my rant that scored me a 9600 Pro, sad to say they've cleaned up their boards a bit, probably to save space on their server,and now it's gone, oh well). If their old mod, mnm11, comes back, then there will be a chance of making things better, as he had satisfied most people, myself included, then disappeared. I would say go over to those boards and fake your way into a user name (You won't get anywhere posting as a Guest), using the method I talked about in my earlier post, then put a detailed but calm and competant complaint on their forums. That worked for me, though now it seems that the mnm11 is gone, so I'm not sure what kind of results you'll get, but it's worth a try. But on a positive note, I was there this morning and noticed that the little thing on the bottom said he was browsing.... he didn't make any posts, but who knows, maybe he'll come back.

Edit: Doh, just remembered that I didn't put in the part about faking a registration number to get a user name when I retyped my last post (the first one was long and detailed, multi-paragraph, and I got an error and lost it). To do it, just go to their main site and click on register. Then fill out all the stuff it asks for, and eventually it will get to the part asking you for the card's serial. Just fill in random characters and press ok, then it will tell you what the max number of chars allowed for a serial is (I think it was 15, but that was months ago, so you should check). Then just fill in alpha-numeric bullcrap for however many chars it asked for, and you're registered to post. I don't like having to cheat their system like that, but it's the only way their old customers can get any help.

2 x gf3 ti500 in Dec 01 = $700 USD
1 x gf4 ti4600 spring 02 = $400

Total $1100 plus tax spent on Visiontek products by me.

I had a fan fail on the 1 of the ti500's, here is their response.

5/21/04

We do offer a complementary fan replacement program for your card, however at this time we are currently out of stock of those particular fans. We hope to get a shipment in sometime soon, however we have not as of yet received a concrete ETA. As a result we can offer you one of two things:

First we can take down your name and address, and send out a fan as soon as they become available to us.

Or secondly we can offer an upgrade option on your card by offering you credit towards one of our new ATI based cards.

If you are interested in either of these two options please respond and we will make sure to get this taken care of.

Visiontek support

and 6/14/04

We are sorry but we currently do not have any ETA when the fans will be arriving. Considering we do not manufacturer Nvidia card, it has been difficult to get accessories for them. It could be take weeks or months before we can get some. We do offer an upgrade option if you are interested?

VisionTek Support

Here is the "trade up" form they sent me...

HARTFORD COMPUTER GROUP-VISIONTEK UPGRADE ORDER FORM

1. Shipping Information
Name: ___________________________________________
Address: _________________________________________
City, State, Zip: ____________________________________
Telephone: _______________________________________
E-mail address: ____________________________________

2. Returned Defective Card (Please choose one)
Card Type Credit Check Your Card Type

GeForce4 Ti4600 $100.00 0

GeForce4 Ti4400 $80.00 0

GeForce4 Ti4200/SE $70.00 0

GeForce4 Ti4200 64mb $45.00 0

GeForce3 Ti500 $40.00 0

Other________________ $25.00 0

3. Requested Upgraded Card (Please choose one)
Product Price Check New Card Credit Amount Due Max Credit
Xtasy 9800 Pro 128mb $329.99 0
$________ $________ $100.00
Xtasy 9600 XT 128mb $199.99 0
$________ $________ $70.00
Xtasy 9600 SE 128mb $129.99 0
$________ $________ $40.00
Xtasy 9200 SE 128mb $89.99 0
$________ $________ $25.00
Xtasy 9200 SE-PCI $89.99 0
$________ $________ $25.00
Amount due equals the price minus credit
4. Payment Information
Credit Card - Visa/MasterCard: ____________________________________
Credit Card Number: ___________________________________________
CVV Number (Last 3 digits from the back of card): ____________________
Expiration Date: ________________________

$330.00 for a 9800 pro?

Visiontek is not the same company as in 2002, but to still use the Visiontek name?

Hartford should have just scrapped the Visiontek name as alot of "Visiontek" customers will be asking for warranty support and will be greeted with this.

Nope, Visiontek (in any form) will never see another penny from me.

Visiontek is not the same company as in 2002, but to still use the Visiontek name?

No, they are not the same Visiontek after being bought out by the Hartford group, although Hartford kept the top level management I believe. What gets me though is that they apparently still claim legacy (nVidia) users still have some right to their warranty and even had that press release on it. Unfortunately, I don't consider a rip-off trade-up program a warranty. They offered me a 9000 for like $80-$100 in exchange for my Ti 200 when I sought warranty repair for my cooked cards. It was cheaper for me just to replace the damn cards. :mad:

You would think they would extend an olive branch to their old nVidia customers such as trade-up for an ATI card that's priced at what it costs them to make (or a little more), instead of charging maximum MSRP for cards. Bottom line is their "warranties" have become a source of revenue imho.

Back