Is this the best build for the money?

Dutt1113

[H]ard|Gawd
I am building a new pc for my mother-in-law and just want some feedback if this is the best build for the money around $700? I already have some 32gb (4x8gb) of G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-4000 CL 19-21-21-41 laying around from a previous build I can use. She does basic web browsing and office stuff. She doesn't play any games besides website style arcade games. Nothing that would need a graphics card, integrated graphics is fine. I just want it to be fast and last a while.

Thanks

Screenshot_20211211-120113.png

I doubt she needs 32gb of ram if you want to save your kit and give her a 16gb kit. And I also doubt she needs 1tb of storage. Most people I know that do web browsing and office work struggle to fill a 120gb drive, so you could prob stick a 512 in there and still be overkill. With that, why a secondary drive as well?

I doubt she needs 32gb of ram if you want to save your kit and give her a 16gb kit. And I also doubt she needs 1tb of storage. Most people I know that do web browsing and office work struggle to fill a 120gb drive, so you could prob stick a 512 in there and still be overkill.
Well, I have the 32gb kit just sitting on my desk so I thought I might as well put it in. I could save some money and knock the nvme down to 500gb and the storage to 1tb.

ITX boards like that probably only have 2 memory slots instead of 4 like your memory is. Maybe go mATX instead? Pretty sure Metallic Gear makes a similar mATX case and the motherboard might be cheaper?

Personally, I'd sell your memory is you're not using it and just get a cheaper DDR4 3200 2x8GB kit for your mother-in-law. Can probably get that for sub-$60 and sell your memory for $150-200.

actually, i was mistaken. My kit is 16gb (4x4gb) so using only 2 sticks would give her only 8gb. So I will have to get 2x8gb. Now that I think of it, her a computer I built several years ago probably already has a 16gb kit I can reuse. I can't remember what's in it though.

Last edited:
she doesn't need a gpu, so not sure if I should go micro-ATX or Mini-ITX to make the case smaller with no wasted space for a gpu she won't use

Back