is this safe to power my board?

Shadowarez

Gawd
i just picked up a ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) for z390 i noticed something differnt then my itx-super eatx builds. the builds iv done take either duel 8pin or single 8pin cpu. this board is differnt in that that it takes a 8pin+4pin can i use half of the 2nd cpu cable untill i can buy a custom made 4pin psu cable for this build?

i just picked up a ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) for z390 i noticed something differnt then my itx-super eatx builds. the builds iv done take either duel 8pin or single 8pin cpu. this board is differnt in that that it takes a 8pin+4pin can i use half of the 2nd cpu cable untill i can buy a custom made 4pin psu cable for this build?
if you dont overclock you can usually get away with just the 8 pin. then you can add the other one and get to OCing.
edit: per the manual.
1609720757138.png

well this will prob be oced to 5ghz+ allcore, my psu is a 1000w evga P2 it has 2 8pin cpu if i use both itll look ugly but half the other 8pin will that be safe to do?

ok thank you its basically 2 cpu cables but both happen to be 4+4 pins id just use cpu 1 for the 8 pin and the 2nd cpu 2 id use half and zip tie the other 4pin to itself then, cable mod makes a cable for the psu i have. which i can use, pricey but worth it for this build.

As much as it annoys me, especially when you buy a nice PSU, that's why they're split. Oh, and even a Seasonic Prime TX-1000 for nearly $300 comes with all split cables. Personally I wish AMD, Intel and NVidia would just get together and deprecate the 6-pin PCI-e and 4-pin CPU connectors. I'd also like a hard no or universal adoption from AMD, Intel and board makers on NV's new 12-pin plug. Actually I'd prefer the hard no. I don't want 8+4 split plug cables.

Eventually it'll be all.on the motherboard and we will have 12v PSU thanks to Intel.

Back