Is this possible that setting to monitor sleep defaulted itself?

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello.My pc
10850 stock 4800mhz with NZXT KRAKEN X73 ( 50-60C on load )
2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ
AORUS Z490 Pro Ax
Rtx Gigabyte 3090 OC ( stock , max gpu temp 62C )
Seasonic TX-850W PRIME TITANIUM

Using Windows 10 H20. Drivers updated.
My question is that i have SET SCREEN TO SLEEP to NEVER. But today it turns off after 15 minutes. I wake up by touch mouse. And again after 15 minutes he shuts off. Is this possible that setting to monitor sleep defaulted itself?

I checked event viewer. NO DRIVER crash. Nothing in viewer. Also pc is stable on load from what i tested.

Is the setting actually reverted in the power options? Or if it doing it regardless of setting.

no screensaver is off

ps update:
I checked screen settings power and it changed itself after 15 minutes off. Windows 10 itself changed is this possible?

Sorry for my bad english. I just was installing Metro Exodus in epiclauncher and screen turns off. Was a little panic but when i touch mouse screen appeared. So something with sleep. Then i check power settings and SCREEN TURNS OFF is after 15 minutes. But was to never.

Ok nvm. I change to never.

Last edited:
Some monitors have a power setting that will turn it off after so many minutes of use. My monitor does that even if I'm using it. I have to hit a button to tell it I'm still there.

But yes, you'd have to change both settings for "Screen off" and "Put computer to sleep" if you want your monitor/computer to stay active all the time.

Some monitors have a power setting that will turn it off after so many minutes of use. My monitor does that even if I'm using it. I have to hit a button to tell it I'm still there.

But yes, you'd have to change both settings for "Screen off" and "Put computer to sleep" if you want your monitor/computer to stay active all the time.
I do this. And few days was working without turning off. Today first time turned after 15 minutes itself. So possible that Windows 10 being jerky and it defaulted to 15 min?

I do this. And few days was working without turning off. Today first time turned after 15 minutes itself. So possible that Windows 10 being jerky and it defaulted to 15 min?

Hard to say. Maybe an update?

Hello.My pc
10850 stock 4800mhz with NZXT KRAKEN X73 ( 50-60C on load )
2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ
AORUS Z490 Pro Ax
Rtx Gigabyte 3090 OC ( stock , max gpu temp 62C )
Seasonic TX-850W PRIME TITANIUM

Using Windows 10 H20. Drivers updated.
My question is that i have SET SCREEN TO SLEEP to NEVER. But today it turns off after 15 minutes. I wake up by touch mouse. And again after 15 minutes he shuts off. Is this possible that setting to monitor sleep defaulted itself?

I checked event viewer. NO DRIVER crash. Nothing in viewer. Also pc is stable on load from what i tested.
I have had windows update change this setting many times (without any intervention from me).

I double checked power settings and its : TURN OFF AFTER 15 minutes. Yesterday it was to NEVER. It is possible that itself changed?

Go into your advanced power options and verify that your display settings are set to never turn off.

Also, I verify that my hard drive settings are set to never turn off. I have sleep and hibernate turned off too.

Yeah, things do this sometimes after updates. Mine magically gained back the ability to sleep after 15 minutes, which ruined a 2T download last night...

Back