Is this of any value

OHL

Limp Gawd
The county has three of these for sale and I can get them for less $75.00 a piece. So my question is whether this is something useable or just old hardware.

Dell PowerEdge PE1950, Xeon X5460
32GB 677MHz RAM
670W dual power supply
4x 74GB 2.5" SAS 10K Drives
onboard Perc RAID, DVD

They could be useful, but it depends on what you want to do with them. The CPUs are more or less equivalent to higher end Core2 Quads. The really nice thing about those machines is the 32GB ram though. If you have some use for 32GB machines, they could easily be worth it for $75 or less.
Actually, you may very well be able to part them out and sell the pieces on eBay and get more than $75 out of them.

Those are some thoughts that I had I may just pick all three of them up and save one for myself and part out the other two and sell the parts on Ebay. Thanks for the feedback fellows it much appreciated.

You may want to check this web site out these auctions are open to the public and they are broke down by state and area and it has a number of cool categories to choose from.

http://www.publicsurplus.com

Thanks - Kevin

You might be able to get a lot more out of ebay but you have to pay shipping, which I assume will be more than the price of each server (if boxes are available).]

Those are some thoughts that I had I may just pick all three of them up and save one for myself and part out the other two and sell the parts on Ebay. Thanks for the feedback fellows it much appreciated.

You may want to check this web site out these auctions are open to the public and they are broke down by state and area and it has a number of cool categories to choose from.

http://www.publicsurplus.com

Thanks - Kevin

Man that site is a gold mine for mining Windows keys! :p Five minutes in the FL section and saw at least three Windows Server Key stickers plain as day.

Dang I would buy one of them for $75. I'd fill that sucker up with all sorts of gaming servers.

Back