Is this normal for rtx cards ?

Psycrow

Gawd
I got a 2080 rtx ti nvidia auros card

Everytime i play a game then the fans starts to ramp up on full throttle..
The card is on 76 ish temp.

Is there a way to disable that or change it with out burning the card :D

Most 10 and 20 series Nvidia cards support zero-RPM/stopped fan modes up to a certain temp like 60C. You can use MSI Afterburner to set a custom fan profile but you'll want to test it to make sure things don't get too toasty at a given noise level. You'll want to aim around 82 to 85 C max temps with a less aggressive fan profile.

I see..yes its fanless in windows but at soon i play a game then it go full throttle.
I hate to fiddle around with Msi afterburner..im scared to burn or destroy the card..But if you say 85 ish then ill try

Ideally you'll want to stay below 75C to keep throttling to a minimum but you can go higher to avoid having to blast the fans.

I am betting its going to need a repaste to get better temps at lower noise IMO.

Ideally you'll want to stay below 75C to keep throttling to a minimum but you can go higher to avoid having to blast the fans.
I have littel understanding with MSI and what im doing so im not gona change anything..i see there is some options on auto fans and some curves but i dont dare to fiddle around there

I guess im gona turn up the music when i play games so i cant hear the fans :p

Keep in mind, you lose 15mhz for every 5C upward in temperature on these cards. Personally, my games are normally much louder than the fans, so I prefer the performance over lowering the noise. Plus, ur GPU might be ok, but the fans also help cool the memory on it. If they get too hot, you could see artifacts or crash.

Are you getting any crashing? I had a similar issue. My fans would spin at full throttle then I would crash. Turned out it was a defective card I had to replace.

Are you getting any crashing? I had a similar issue. My fans would spin at full throttle then I would crash. Turned out it was a defective card I had to replace.
No i never crash in games...some games like league of legend dont trigger the fan speed...but any other crysis games do

But im unsure if they where doing this full throttle at first when i got the card for ½ year ago

I ran some test with 3D mark usin gthe fire demo benchmark and the card was on 76 is temp
The fans was bursting up and down several times in short periods.

See here

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Firestrike?preview=Test.CSVIf you look under the Gpu fan section then you can see the 1 fan is ramping up on 4000 ish compared to the other that stays on 2000 ish on the same temp 75 ish temp

Should i RMA ?
Is this normal that 1 of 3 fans is going crazy on the same temp ?

That is what i hear at full throttle 4400 rpm

My EVGA Black 2080 is silent under load in an open air thermaltake p3 case.

I cant hear it.

Gigabyte Aurous should be just as good or better as thats their top of the line card.

If its that loud tell gigabyte and ask for an RMA.

It wasent like this when i got the card in summer 2019...i have seen people reaply thermal pasta to fix it, but im not gona do that on a card and loose warranty
Yeah im gona ask gigabyte and nvidia support and eventualy make a RMA

It wasent like this when i got the card in summer 2019...i have seen people reaply thermal pasta to fix it, but im not gona do that on a card and loose warranty
Yeah im gona ask gigabyte and nvidia support and eventualy make a RMA
Most vendors allow you to do that. Check your warranty terms.

The first card i had was with artifacts and it burned out with in 3 month..now im gona deal with noisy fans..what is the next thing gona be ?

If the noise developed over time, there could be many causes.

Failing/dirty GPU fans, clogged case filters, failing case fans etc.....

But im unsure if they where doing this full throttle at first when i got the card for ½ year ago

If the noise developed over time, there could be many causes.

Failing/dirty GPU fans, clogged case filters, failing case fans etc.....

I got the card in ½ year so its not that dusty an di also keep my pc clean from dust with regular maintains.
Im using a coolermaster mastercase 5 pro with 6 corsair case fans and noctua cooler for cpu. No cables is messing around since i hide all the cables in the back of the case.

So it cant be the problem..the card is even vertical installed and has alot of room to "breathe"

I got the card in ½ year so its not that dusty an di also keep my pc clean from dust with regular maintains.
Im using a coolermaster mastercase 5 pro with 6 corsair case fans and noctua cooler for cpu. No cables is messing around since i hide all the cables in the back of the case.

So it cant be the problem..the card is even vertical installed and has alot of room to "breathe"
What do you mean by "vertical?"

If you havent cleaned the heatsinks and fans, that might be your only issue.
It would have been sensible to do that before creating a thread about a heat problem.

Reading the op told us almost nothing, you will get a solution much faster if you include pertinent info.

If you don’t want to burn up the card
you don’t want to reapply paste
you dont want to mess with afterburner

you aren’t leaving yourself much options.

If you don’t want to burn up the card
you don’t want to reapply paste
you dont want to mess with afterburner

you aren’t leaving yourself much options.
Ye i see..but all of these things makes me loose warranty and som epeople say you cant do much in afterburner since 2080 cards are allready tweaked to the max

Ye i see..but all of these things makes me loose warranty and som epeople say you cant do much in afterburner since 2080 cards are allready tweaked to the max

Only way you’re going to get quieter sound is to lower the fan speed,you aren’t going to do that without increasing temps, so if you want it to be quieter and not burn up the card you have to under lock and undervolt which means lower performance. There’s going to be a trade off somewhere unless you improve your cooling, but then you may void your warranty.

there’s no perfect answer. Either live with the noise, settle for lower performance with less noise, or risk the warranty and get better cooling.

Only way you’re going to get quieter sound is to lower the fan speed,you aren’t going to do that without increasing temps, so if you want it to be quieter and not burn up the card you have to under lock and undervolt which means lower performance. There’s going to be a trade off somewhere unless you improve your cooling, but then you may void your warranty.

there’s no perfect answer. Either live with the noise, settle for lower performance with less noise, or risk the warranty and get better cooling.
I dont have any clue how to undervolt or do what you says..i just see msi afterburner offers me to increase and decrease volt that current shows 0 and 43 % fan speed for standart profile.

Good grief, the initial batch of failed cards was not a good indicator to begin with, now the longer term viability of the 2080 Ti or beginning signs of new issues does not look good either. Still what percent of cards are having these issues? It does not look like a given brand but all brands are having similar long term issues. Usually when something like this occurs the numbers will start to increase, then rapidly to a peak and then die down. So in essence we have no idea how bad this storm will become if at all.

Seems like RMAing the card, if possible might be the best choice. You should not have to lower clock speeds, memory, custom fan curves to make it work and probably at a lower performance level, product is faulty is my best guess and may just get worst over time as it has been.

Good grief, the initial batch of failed cards was not a good indicator to begin with, now the longer term viability of the 2080 Ti or beginning signs of new issues does not look good either. Still what percent of cards are having these issues? It does not look like a given brand but all brands are having similar long term issues. Usually when something like this occurs the numbers will start to increase, then rapidly to a peak and then die down. So in essence we have no idea how bad this storm will become if at all.

Seems like RMAing the card, if possible might be the best choice. You should not have to lower clock speeds, memory, custom fan curves to make it work and probably at a lower performance level, product is faulty is my best guess and may just get worst over time as it has been.
Yeah you are damm right !
Im gona call the store tomorrow and RMA this garbo.. That is what they get for saving on materials to much on pruducts..i bet they are told on the factory not to use much thermal paste to save money.

Reactions: noko
like this
Back