Is this normal for 9600xt in Farcry?

I have this computer in my room im 'fixing' for my friend
and he has farcry in the harddrive. so i decided to hook it up to this other computer i have in my room that has a 9600xt.
so i run farcry and the screen pauses every few seconds for like a split second.
i have the res at 800x600 with all the details on low
is that how slow a 9600xt is in farcry??
or is there something screwy
i installed catalyst 4.7
thanks

No, should not be like that at all. I run farcry and I have a 9600xt and get about 200 fps in rooms on medium quality. It does do what you describe when I have it on ultra high and walk into a new room.

sounds like it could be heat issues, point a fan at it... that's the first think I try when shit goes awry... lol hey that rhymes.

i do 8x6 with all very high detail, cant stand it I NEED A 6800 OR A X800!!!!!

my fps do go below 30 a low but i suck it up and snipe away

Why dont you OC that 9600xt? maybe you'll get better results at 1024by768 (to last guy who posted)
or you could.. do what I did and buy a 9800se...

They'll softmod most of the time if you get the 256bit kind, see my thread on 9800se's for 121 dollars in the hot deals section.

~Adam

this isn't my card, and the guy im putting the computer together doesn't want to oc
and how do i get the fps in farcry?
the pauses seem to stop after 10seconds though... :confused:

mewannafastpc said:
this isn't my card, and the guy im putting the computer together doesn't want to oc
and how do i get the fps in farcry?
the pauses seem to stop after 10seconds though... :confused:

Pauses could be lack of ram, hwo much ram is in that system? 256mb or less would probably be unplayable. 512 is like a minimum for Farcy. I play with it, or tried to for a while then just gave up. That was with the demo though. I heard the actual game was better but I wasn't going to waste 50 bucks to find out.

bboynitrous said:
Pauses could be lack of ram, hwo much ram is in that system? 256mb or less would probably be unplayable. 512 is like a minimum for Farcy. I play with it, or tried to for a while then just gave up. That was with the demo though. I heard the actual game was better but I wasn't going to waste 50 bucks to find out.
yup ram ram ram
my rig (wich is under construction) has 384mb of real crap ram, takes a crapload of time to load farcry, and its choppy for like the first 15 secs, it gets choppy sometimes when i shoot, but after a while it starts running smooth, and then comes the next level and start again
and i have a 9800pro......god i need a new cpu and ram

yea it's only got 512mb of rdram 1066. ohwell this dude isn't gonna be playing farcry, so need to worry

Yes, it is likely RAM. I was getting those annoying, death-causing stutters with 512MB, then I upgraded to 1024 and no more stutters. UT 2004 likes 1GB too...

Back