Is This Friggin' Real!!!

There's nothing wrong with being an optimist but please don't get your hopes up. If you really think they're going to give you that thing for $5 plus shipping you need to get your head examined. Not happening period. I've seen too many of these.

x2, lol

There's nothing wrong with being an optimist but please don't get your hopes up. If you really think they're going to give you that thing for $5 plus shipping you need to get your head examined. Not happening period. I've seen too many of these.

You just put a gun to Santa's ribs and squeezed the trigger. That's what you did. You killed Santa, in the hearts and minds of unwashed gimme-gimme-gimme slickdeals nation.

So what was the price on these even? No one ever said.

(just curious, seems to obviously be a price mistake based on responses)

EDIT: Oh, $5? BAAAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, this'll happen.

I can't find any discussion of this on Slickdeals, figured they would of been all over this. Ran into a bit of a snag with payment, but got it all sorted out. From what Buy.com is saying, this is legit, optimism growing...now just waiting for cancellation email.

EDIT: Anyone know if the video cards are also on the liquid cooling system, the board supports SLI and I grabbed 2 systems?

EDIT2: I answered my own questions, found details of this system:
http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-aurora-r3/pd

Last edited:
I'd say this deal is luke warm. ;) I've seen better pricing errors.

I'd say this deal is luke warm. ;) I've seen better pricing errors.

Uhh ok...

The cpu itself is worth like over $200 so.... Buy.com is backing it and google has free purchase protection upon checkout. Well see what happens but, if it goes through, ill make a decent amount of money flipping it. :) I dont care either way. Any long time experienced deal whore will tell you, jumping on pricing mistake deals is often beneficial even if they get canceled. Vendors will often give out vouchers/coupons to customers for the inconvenience. I have received many of those types of things in the past. Theres no risk so, why not.

And thanks op, in the unlikelihood that this actually goes through, cheers. :)

Last edited:
Subbed for a laugh... this could get interesting. Good luck to those of you you jumped on this.

Subbed for a laugh... this could get interesting. Good luck to those of you you jumped on this.

I'm also going to watch this thread. The sheer level of stupidity on the [H] has reached an all time high. Buy.com has major pricing errors about every other month from 3rd party vendors and every time its for a product that is listed incorrectly. I've hopped on a few in the past when it was a last gen item and the price was around 50% off the going rate hoping it would be an inventory clearing sale. But, in the end its always the same result. Those thinking they are going to get anything but a cancellation email are delusional.

Delusional is the American way! This is fun and really is a no-loss gamble. Do I think this will actually go though? Fuck no. Hope is for morons and religious nutjobs.

I know it wont go through.. but hey its still in a processing stage :)

I'd like to see the charge say $1299.99 instead of $5 and then laugh at the charge.

I'd like to see the charge say $1299.99 instead of $5 and then laugh at the charge.

This would be illegal and considered a federal offense. Not gonna happen, and if it does, you can sue them, and get a whole lot more back.

Part two of the American dream: when all else falls, sue them!

Alienware’s high-performance CPU liquid cooling delivers up to three metric tons of liquid per minute for every square meter of CPU die!

I don't know guys...that's an awful lot of cooling for $5.

In before cancellation emails and rage over undeserved sense of entitlement. :p

I can't see anyone in this thread raging if these get cancelled - at least I hope not.

Might worth the $10 gift card for complaining you might get at Buy.com if this doesn't go through :)

same here...these things never work, but who knows...

I typically agree; but that recent HP pricing mistake netted all takers $200 in HP bucks. Wasn't a $1k+ laptop for peanuts; but a lot of folks useful stuff for (IIRC) nothing out of their pocket.

Still says processing :)

Just wanting for the cancellation emails to be sent... but still I know it will not happen... They world ending on Dec 21, 2012 is more plausible

My last order from Buy.com arrived a year ago and still says processing :p

That's a plus since it says that the item will ship in 1-2 days. I'm not going to hold my breath , though :rolleyes:

Still processing.

You would figure if they weren't going to ship them they would have cancelled our orders in the first 24hrs.

I still have 0 expectations of receiving mine but this does give a glimmer of hope.

Still processing.

You would figure if they weren't going to ship them they would have cancelled our orders in the first 24hrs.

I still have 0 expectations of receiving mine but this does give a glimmer of hope.

I was thinking the same thing -- it's been over 24hrs. The guy that updates the website must be the same one that does the shipping and accounting.

Back