Is this a graphics glitch? BF2 Screenshot

d1scg0lf3r

n00b
I have a BFG 6800 OC and I am wondering if the spots I am seeing at the base of these trees in Battlefield 2 is normal? or are they graphics glitches?

screen000.jpg

For me I notice more on windows in Dalian Plant, especially when I'm in the helicopters.

I've seen those before to. Graphic and texture glitches in the games engine. Nothing you can do sans pleading to EA to fix it *good luck*

Completely normal, I'm afraid. It seems this game gets more damn bugs with every patch that comes out, though hopefully they'll fix this one.

White dots are often artifacts that occur when the memory is clocked too high or overheating.

That is true, however usually when that happens, it occurs randomly on the screen. In his case, they are occuring at the texture boundaries. This is usually a rendering thing with the game engine and the video drivers. HL2 engine games had this problem for a little while, but it was eventually addressed with either a new nV driver, or an engine update, I can't remember.

ChingChang said:
White dots are often artifacts that occur when the memory is clocked too high or overheating.

As you've been told 8 and a 1/2 times, it's just teh game. :)

@kuyaglen - I get the same crap with the windows on Dalian. Sucks eh?

I see that in my neighbors two different nvidia based rigs..... not in my ati though.... maybe i've just got "the right settings"

TheMadHatterXxX said:
Those are just decorative rocks they put at the base of trees

QFT.

The glittering objects you see at the bottom of trees indicate that there is a goldmine under them. You can only use explosives at the base, then you will get $16,000 and you can buy an AWP for that price in BF2 and do 1-shot kill tanks.

Mr. Stryker said:
QFT.

The glittering objects you see at the bottom of trees indicate that there is a goldmine under them. You can only use explosives at the base, then you will get $16,000 and you can buy an AWP for that price in BF2 and do 1-shot kill tanks.

You should be banned for that lame attempt at humor :rolleyes:

kuyaglen said:
For me I notice more on windows in Dalian Plant, especially when I'm in the helicopters.

Ditto, is special forces the sandbags on mass destruction all show up like they have the mario metal feature going on lol. They look like piles of gold in the shape of sandbags

i'm also getting a lot of this.

Thought it was my card as well.
Damn this game is buggy.

Red

I get those every now and then as well, with both my 6800 and 9600XT.

Back