is this a good heatsink/fan?

from what ive read, the xp-90, or the xp-120 if it fits, is the best heatsink around with a good 92mm fan

lcboyee1123 said:
from what ive read, the xp-90, or the xp-120 if it fits, is the best heatsink around with a good 92mm fan
92mm fan for xp90 120mm fan for xp120, the 90 fits a 120mm fan but the extra cfm goes over the edge but as a plus it blows on ram

Well it would be helpful if its cheap, so the artic cooling and the kingwin are nice if they are good enough.
But for my system, I want to try to get the best performance/lowest temperatures possible, for maibe under $20-30. If any of you have any other reccomendations ill gladly take them into consideration.

nightelfmaster said:
Well it would be helpful if its cheap, so the artic cooling and the kingwin are nice if they are good enough.
But for my system, I want to try to get the best performance/lowest temperatures possible, for maibe under $20-30. If any of you have any other reccomendations ill gladly take them into consideration.

In that case, look into Zalman CNPS-7000B ALCU

I just purchased the Zalman 7000cu, and with some AS5, my 3000+ idles at 28c.

I am very impressed.

Novensu

no thats the 7700, hes talking about the 7000. Either way they are both good heat sinks, but i would go with the cu version rather than the alcu (aluminum & copper). The only thing its somewhat difficult to replace the fan, but you should never have to, due to the fact that the fans are fairly high quality and do not make much noise.

Cu is all copper and AlCul is Aluminum/Copper hybrid. Cu is almost twice as heavy as AlCu, is more expensive, and have neglible better cooling capabilities, 1-2 degrees in most cases.

Another point to note is that the all Copper CNPS exceeds the maximum weight limit specs from Intel & AMD & therefore, Zalman won't take responsibility for any CPU/Socket damage incurred. I'd have to consult my documentation from my CNPS for more detailed info.

Back