Is This A Good Deal?

Puterguru

2[H]4U
I was considering buying the $399 X-Box for my wife for Christmas but a friend of mine has the following for sale. Should I jump on it or not?

$200

I have an xBox360 Premium with 3 wireless controllers with the “Play and Charge” kits. It has the 20gb hard drive.

I have the HD cable with it. It also has the Nyko Intercooler added to it. Plus I have Tiger Woods06 And Project Gotham Racing 3.

Does it have HDMI? If not I would pass because that means its an older X360.
You want the newest one you can get as they run cooler, quieter, and are more reliable.

An Arcade is only $200 and you can get a refurb 20GB HD from M$ for $30.

Personally I'd get atleast the 60GB now that you can install games to the HD.

Does it have HDMI? If not I would pass because that means its an older X360.
You want the newest one you can get as they run cooler, quieter, and are more reliable.

An Arcade is only $200 and you can get a refurb 20GB HD from M$ for $30.

Personally I'd get atleast the 60GB now that you can install games to the HD.

I believe it does since he stated it comes with the HD cable.

Hmm, I think I might take your suggestion. I believe he stated it was a year and a half old with hardly any playing time. So I guess that makes it an older model.

I believe it does since he stated it comes with the HD cable.

Hmm, I think I might take your suggestion. I believe he stated it was a year and a half old with hardly any playing time. So I guess that makes it an older model.

HD cable could mean HDMI cable or the HD component cables. Find out if it's got an HDMI port.

Yup, just because it comes with the "HD cable" doesn't mean it's a newer system with HDMI. I wouldn't get it if it was too old. Also, if I were to buy it, I'd get rid of the Nyko Intercooler. There was an issue with those when they were first released, and although they have apparently been fixed, it's VERY rare that I like a cheap third party peripheral touch my consoles.

I don't think it is. There' s been several refurb deals for deals for $199 for the 20Gb version with an extra controller and a game. Plus buying a used 360 is a big risk.

While at that price it is hard not to jump on it, I would be extra careful buying a used one that hasn't been refurbished but even then, there's still a risk. You can often find a refurb 360 on TigerDirect but personally, I would only buy a new console.

Thanks guys, I will not be buying this. I appreciate your recommendations. I think I'll buy a new one (the $399 one) for my wife for Christmas.

Back