Is this a good choice for a Xbox One X system?

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
Trying to decide which Xbox One X to get and I come across this system https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZL1542...olid=1294ILVZRQ1BV&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it . It looks to me to be a premodded Xbox One X with a 2tb Firecuda Drive and Scorpio CPU. I know it's listed as "Renewed" and I am ok with that. For the price I don't think I could get a new Xbox One X and a 2tb Firecuda and all the work of getting it converted is already done. Is this a good way to go if I want a 2tb Xbox One X?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I dunno, the user reviews of it are pretty scathing. I figured it was the usual PS4 fanboy-ism hate, but the reviews do seem to reference the 'renewed' state of the console.

At first I thought it was just a Xbox One X bundled with an external SSHD, but it does seem to be a modded unit with the SSHD fitted internally which has me a little wary as they're not designed to be user modded.

I dunno, the user reviews of it are pretty scathing. I figured it was the usual PS4 fanboy-ism hate, but the reviews do seem to reference the 'renewed' state of the console.

At first I thought it was just a Xbox One X bundled with an external SSHD, but it does seem to be a modded unit with the SSHD fitted internally which has me a little wary as they're not designed to be user modded.
Yeah, I took the time to read the reviews, the one star reviews do not look good. They have a "New" version that is $175 more and the reviews are not good either. I think I will just get a new Xbox One X and just get an external HD for extra storage space.

Yeah, I took the time to read the reviews, the one star reviews do not look good. They have a "New" version that is $175 more and the reviews are not good either. I think I will just get a new Xbox One X and just get an external HD for extra storage space.

Yar, I think that's the safe bet and how I use my One X: I placed a spare SSHD into an external enclosure and its worked flawlessly.

I still prefer the clean look of an internal drive and really wish MS would borrow a page from Sony's book and allow user access to the internal drive. But, I'd take the clunkier external drive upgrade over potentially messing up my One X attempting to upgrade its internal space.

All Xbox One X consoles come with the Scorpio Engine APU that includes the 2.3 GHz octacore Jaguar CPU, so I don't understand what this listing is saying other than to fleece uninformed customers. Plus, the Xbox One X is $299 USD brand new, and you can get the same exact SSHD for as low as $59 right now, making it cheaper than whatever this abomination is supposed to be.

I also use an external drive on my XB1. Use a 2TB 2.5 SSD in an external USB3 enclosure. Works flawless and smokes the internal storage performance wise. Just hide the enclosure behind the console if you want "clean." Seriously, how often are you walking up to your console and admiring it?

I ordered MS refurb Xbox1X from Walmart was $221 after my sister-in-law's discount. Ordered the 2tb SSHD for $70. Didn't take me long and was able to setup the new drive and install it into the system. Working without issue for a few weeks now. $100 +/- less than the Amazon link you posted.

Going to splurge and get a new Gears 5 Limited Edition and 2tb External Drive. Not going to open the Xbox One X, at least not for now. I can get a 2tb SSD for less than $200, makes it really tempting to open it up.

I put a 2TB Firecuda in my one x, it started life in my 500gb one that I traded in for the x. It's been that way for about 2 years now and not one issue.

Don't want to create a new thread for this question as I think I know the answer.

I am getting a new Xbox and I would like to get a good pair of headphones to go with it. However looking at what is available they all seem to be large over the ear type of headphones or cheap mono on the ear type. I was wondering if I can use a pair of my KZ-ZST IEMs with the Mic? I am also looking at the Turtle Beach Battle Buds.

Don't want to create a new thread for this question as I think I know the answer.

I am getting a new Xbox and I would like to get a good pair of headphones to go with it. However looking at what is available they all seem to be large over the ear type of headphones or cheap mono on the ear type. I was wondering if I can use a pair of my KZ-ZST IEMs with the Mic? I am also looking at the Turtle Beach Battle Buds.

Not like Xbox One isn't in the description, lol. but yeah, any headset will work with the newer controller with 3.5mm jack. volume is lacking though, I have Arctis 7's and running them through the controller is meh at best.

Not like Xbox One isn't in the description, lol. but yeah, any headset will work with the newer controller with 3.5mm jack. volume is lacking though, I have Arctis 7's and running them through the controller is meh at best.
Didn't think about the lack of volume controls. Thank you.

ssd on ps4 pro is basically a waste. Some load screens have 0% improvements. I would look at xbox benchies before wasting money on one

ssd on ps4 pro is basically a waste. Some load screens have 0% improvements. I would look at xbox benchies before wasting money on one
On the base PS4 it make no difference. On the Pro it does. Is it night and day? No but noticable.

Some games have timed loading screens so it's going to be the same no matter the speed of the I/O.

Back