Is this a Good Bargain?

Enduring_Warrior

[H]ard|Gawd
I am looking for a Medium level laptop with some gaming capabilities. Aftr reading some reviews here at HardOCP I have found out that for the new games you need a Video Card with at least 512MB for high quality textures.

So far I have found these laptops based on the Core 2 Duo T7700 and Nvidia 8600 GT:
Asus
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220213
Toshiba
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834114399

Apple
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834100024

I want it for tavelling and bussiness mainly but also for playing games like Crysis. It doesn´t matter if its just @ 1280x720 or 1024x768 but at least with some decent AA and AF and quality textures.

Toshiba it has DUAL 8600GT's and a HDDVD Drive!! and a great price! theres really no contest pick the toshiba!

The only problem with the macbook would be that youd need a full version of xp or vista in order to play games. Otherwise for business apps and especially music id go with the macbook. Second choice would be the toshiba

Has anyone else looked at the Toshiba? it has TWO 8600 GTs in SLI with a HDDVD drive and tons of great features for a LOW price! I mean why would u pick a Macbook Pro over it? or the Asus G1? makes no sense to me...

I'd get a Mac Book Pro over a Toshiba for that wonderful low price, 'cause I've been screwed by Toshiba before.

Has anyone else looked at the Toshiba? it has TWO 8600 GTs in SLI with a HDDVD drive and tons of great features for a LOW price! I mean why would u pick a Macbook Pro over it? or the Asus G1? makes no sense to me...

It's only a 1440*900 display... Why HDDVD when you cant run 1080p?

It's only a 1440*900 display... Why HDDVD when you cant run 1080p?

So what its not like ur really gonna miss an extra 340*180 extra pixels(16/9)....i mean seriously are u really gonna have ur face a few inches from the laptop screen trying to see every pimple?

and besides all he cares about is gaming performance so the SLI would definitely help with the games...

Thank you guys for the recommendations!!!!

. But There is no only gaming performance in my best interest, but also portability. I plan to carry this laptop around a lot!!!

So what do you think is the best all around machine?

What is your budget?

What do you plan on doing with this notebook?

How long do you plan to keep it?

The toshiba would be like carrying a car around. Go with the macbook pro, its light as hell (lighter then most 13 inch notebooks, let alone 15 inchers) and pretty fucking fast too.

the toshiba looks like the winner better price better specs a little heavy but you would like it better.

If you want dual 8600M GT's, go with the Toshiba.. I don't know how you feel about Dell's, but I just picked up an Inspiron 1520 with 8600M GT w/ 1680 x 1050 15.4" screen, 4 yr accidental warranty, 2GB of ram, vista home premium, dvd burner, 9 cell battery for 1100~ shipped. Just throwing that out there :)

Don't expect much portability from that Toshiba. Toshiba laptops in general are fairly heavy, and since that one is 17" it'll be a pain to carry around.

Back