Is This A Galaxy X Foldable Smartphone

I think this is a nice idea. Until about the 100th time you close it, when the screen starts to come apart at the crease due to material fatigue. I still don't understand how any of the fold-able phone designs will avoid that problem

I think this is a nice idea. Until about the 100th time you close it, when the screen starts to come apart at the crease due to material fatigue. I still don't understand how any of the fold-able phone designs will avoid that problem

It should be fine as long as it's not a full 180 degree fold as you can see they left a gap. I just can't wait to see someone sit on it and that tiny little hinge snap in two.

I don't give a F***, I love flip-phones. I loved my old Krzr

imgmotorola%20krzr2.jpg

I think a dual-screen smart-phone would be awesome for multitasking.

It should be fine as long as it's not a full 180 degree fold as you can see they left a gap. I just can't wait to see someone sit on it and that tiny little hinge snap in two.

I'd have to see it to believe it. And not see it new out of the box, see it after a few months of regular daily use. Even if it's a fairly loose curve, that's still a lot of stress on the material.

Because I already have something more than 6 inches in my pants and I don't have room for a huge smart phone. :)
I currently use a flip phone because of the size and will buy a smart phone when they are more compact.

Had the same problem in the 70's with portable music.
images

You must be pretty young if you can't remember the satisfaction of slamming a phone shut to end an irritating call.

I had a Motorola Razr when they were new a few years back. It was good tech then, but I don't see how this tech helps a modern touch screen phone. You may halve its length when folded, but now you've doubled its thickness. It just seems like a useless gimmick, just like those "edge" phones Samsung has.

I want the one at the end of this video. The one that is rolled up and rolls out.

That's the new Bear Grylls FFSK (Folding Fire Starter Kit).

If Samsung makes a foldable smart phone (why?) then expect Apple to sue them for infringing on some patent along the way.

It's a phone UNTIL you fold it. Then it turns into a grenade. You guys need to keep up!!

You may halve its length when folded, but now you've doubled its thickness.

Phones are much thinner than they are long so halving the length is 6in to 3in, Doubling the thickness goes from ~1/4in to ~1/2in. 3in by 1/2 in will easily fit into a pocket.

Because I already have something more than 6 inches in my pants and I don't have room for a huge smart phone. :)
I currently use a flip phone because of the size and will buy a smart phone when they are more compact.

Had the same problem in the 70's with portable music.
images

There are lots of small and compact smart phones, if you are working with a flip phone for the size, why would you jump to the largest smart phone size? You have options like the iPhone SE, which is under 5", and a whole host of android phones under 4-5", most being much thinner than a flip phone and offering far more features etc. Assuming size really is your only reason.

There are lots of small and compact smart phones, if you are working with a flip phone for the size, why would you jump to the largest smart phone size? You have options like the iPhone SE, which is under 5", and a whole host of android phones under 4-5", most being much thinner than a flip phone and offering far more features etc. Assuming size really is your only reason.

Your right! There are a lot of new smart phones that are the size of a flip phone. Thanks for the clue, I didn't have one until now :)The smart phone ads I have seen have touted the bigger and bigger screens.

Back