Is there screen resolution software for OS X (like multires)

I have a Powerbook Ti 400 (res:1152x768) in which I replaced the screen. Unfortunately, I replaced it with a screen from a DVI model powerbook (res: 1280x854) so there is junk on the right and bottom of the screen. There may be an issue with the interface, but I'd like to try to at least just switch the resolution to a higher one. Unfortunately, the control pattern only lets you select up to 1152x768. So I was hoping to find something like Multires for a PC which lets you select nonstandard resolutions.

i think you're SOL, you might do better trying to find the video card from the 550+ that the screen came from and using that too.

sorry :(

Yeah, unfortunately, the video card is built in to the motherboard and the motherboards are totally different. I'm just going to have to get a new screen.

Thanks for the idea. I got excited when it let me define custom resolutions. However, it never lets me actually change to that resolution. Oh well. I'm just going to have to buy the correct screen. Thanks anyway!

The good news is you can sell that screen to help pay for the new one. O well it would have been cool if that screen had worked for you.

Gotta love the black paint job. Makes me feel bad about my clear ibook g3 800. I just didn't want to bother with painting the palm rest. If I could only find a clear one like the one I had on my 600 g3.......

Back