is there screen flicker in 6000 series?

qbanb8582

2[H]4U
I have two 5000 series cards. A 5870 and a 5670. Whenever the memory clock changes the screen flickers if you have two or three displays.

I've read this on pretty much every 5000 series card.

I wanted to know if this is the same with the 6000 series, I don't want to get another card and it does the same.

Does anyone use a 6850 up to 6970 with two or three displays can tell if the same behavior happens?

I upgraded from my XFX5870 to an XFX6970 and I haven't seen any flickering in 3x1 Portrait Mode Eyefinity

Have you tried it in extended desktop? Did you experience the screen flicker with the 5870?

Can it be overclocked? My 5850 goes to artifact heaven if I go even 1MHz above stock clocks with 3 screens connected.

I've had a 5850, 6870, and now a 6950 and I haven't seen the screen flicker issue for several driver releases.

Have you tried it in extended desktop? Did you experience the screen flicker with the 5870?

Maybe it's a terminology thing with me but I'm not sure what you mean by the term "extended desktop".

In any event, I've not experienced flickering on my displays.

I have had, on very rare occasions, (call it twice to three times in a month) where my 2408FWP enters power saver mode (It's on one of the two DVI cables) while my U2410s remain fine

I just tap the power button on the older LCD twice (to power it off and back on) and everything is fine.That only happens at the Windows desktop and it's maybe 2 times to 3 times in a month that it happens...I can live with that.

Extended desktop when eyefinity is turned off. The task bar is one display and not spaned across all three.

Last edited:
Back