Is there gonna be a Steam sale soon?

toddw

[H]ard|Gawd
I seem to remember one around x-mas last year... anyone know if they usually have a T-day one as well?

Yeah, idk what the hell they're doing down there. There was a sale last year

I have a feeling the Games for Windows will attempt to steal Steam's thunder this holiday, which is good for everyone, even those who buy steam exclusively.

I have a feeling the Games for Windows will attempt to steal Steam's thunder this holiday, which is good for everyone, even those who buy steam exclusively.

This is probably quite true. They're very aggressively trying to muscle into the market.

Didn't even notice the date.

They've had a lot of stuff on sale over the last several weeks. Likely they'll be rehashing some of the sale prices. I don't see a lot of "great" sale items :(

Quick question about STEAM.

I am in the process of building a new gaming PC. Can I sign up for STEAM and download games to my OLD PC, and then when I finish building my new PC, just re-download them. Also, an alternative would be just to buy the games now and not download them till I am finished building my new PC. Is there a time limit on how long you have to download a game once you pay for it? Thanks.

I am in the process of building a new gaming PC. Can I sign up for STEAM and download games to my OLD PC, and then when I finish building my new PC, just re-download them. Also, an alternative would be just to buy the games now and not download them till I am finished building my new PC. Is there a time limit on how long you have to download a game once you pay for it? Thanks.

You can do all of that. Your games stay there forever.

You can actually download and play. When your new rig is up, you can move the entire Steam folder to the new rig and it'll work just fine there. Look at this post on the specifics. I've done this many times as I have steam on my desktop rig and my laptop.

Didn't know you could copy your Steam folder to another PC without re-installing everything. I don't game that much anymore, so I'd never given it much thought. Good info.

Steam holiday sale is coming and i'm waiting to stock up then. everything will be on sale...

I hope it's a good one. I finally want to spend money on a deal for something I don't necessarily need. I had my wallet out and ready this year looking for a deal. I even went to Target when they opened. Between Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Steam and I have been disappointed. The only deal I saw that I would have liked to get in on was the Western Digital 2TB external drives for $69.99.

I hope steam puts BioShock 2, Medal of Honor, Black Ops, Fallout New Vegas on sale.

They already had a sale...

L4D2 for $5.00 and the Orange box for $8.00 or whatever it was...

Back