is there anyway to try WOW for free?

erkan

Gawd
WOW looks cool. Ive been bored to death(suicide is a serious option for me right now) with computer games in past year or so and have always thought subscription based games were for hardcore gamers with no lives, well maybe i am one, or maybe not...but is there a way to try this for free(for a month or something) to see if this is for me? Viel danke

If you know someone who already plays, that person could let you make a character under their account, and you'd be able to play that character only when the other person isn't logged on. I know someone who did this for a little while before subscribing. I don't play WoW though, and don't know if this is allowed under the terms of service, so you might want to wait for a second opinion.

if you buy the game, is there any free tril period automaticaly? could i have the key for free please? lol

if you buy the game you get 30 days for free, then have to pay the 14.95 a month.
at one point they had a free 14 day trial.. download and try it out kinda thing, not sure if they do now or not.

that 14 day trial was from pc gamer & cgw promo

there is no 'free' trial per say, but talk to your local friends who might have an unused 10 day guest pass key and borrow the cds from him as well.

aww fuck it, i just bought it....sometimes it just aint worth busting your balls to find holes in the system.

the pcgamer/cgw demos are great not only for people who haven't tried the game yet, but also for people who bought the cd version of the game..it's a dvd install requiring no cd swapping.

DizzySHK said:
that 14 day trial was from pc gamer & cgw promo

there is no 'free' trial per say, but talk to your local friends who might have an unused 10 day guest pass key and borrow the cds from him as well.

ahh ok, I knew I saw a 14 day trial somewhere :)

I dont buy games I havent played a demo for... since WoW had no demo I never bought it.

erkan said:
isnt that just being stuborn

Saying no to being told to pay 50 dollars for a game you get for 30 days and if you dont like it you just wasted the money being stubborn? having no trial for a game like this is a lesson in stupidity. I tried the beta for a month and thought it sucked ass. Now if you think its bad you just blew 50 bucks on a trial. See a problem here?

well, i see ure point. but if a million people are playing and it has raving reviews, its worth a risk

erkan said:
well, i see ure point. but if a million people are playing and it has raving reviews, its worth a risk
50 Cent's album sold a million copies. I rest my case.

erkan said:

Think wow is up to almost 4 million active subscribers now.. its friggin insane. I played it for a few months.. but after that it lost its 'wow' factor. so now I am back to everquest raiding :)

If you are just starting wow, you should consider making a character on the Stormscale server. We have a [H]ardOCP [H]orde World of Warcraft guild. You can visit the guild website, and check our roster, post in our fourms at www.hardguild.net

Back