Is there anything new with wireless charging mice?

PCMusicGuy

[H]ard|Gawd
Outside of the $250+ dollar Logitech G, is there anything new in the world of wireless mice that offer wireless charging?
I'd even be open go another cradle charger like the old MX700, but obviously a wireless charging pad would be my preference.

I'm not familiar with many other options for mice that will do that. I thought about the Logitech option, but I didn't care for the mouse design. Recently, I purchase a Razer Basilisk Ultimate with charging dock and have been happy with it. The dock is easy enough to use, has its own nice RGB lighting, and also holds the wireless receiver dongle so you are only eating up one USB port on the PC. Looking at the specs and manual for the Logitech solution, you would need two USB ports (one for the mat and one for the dongle) since it doesn't have a USB pass-through to share a single USB port.

Corsair has qi charging mice, also you can get magnetic USB charging adapters. These would be as good as a cradle

One thing to note about why I think corsair is better than Logitech is that it's my understanding you can buy any qi charger and use it with a corsair. Whereas with Logitech you can only use their mouse pad.
This matters because most modern gamers use low sensitivity and the crappy wireless mouse pads are too small.
I actually own the g pro wireless and the mouse pad. The amount of work I had to do to extend the mouse pad to an acceptable size was extreme. Would have been far easier to just plop the mouse on a phone qi charger or build one under my mouse pad in the desk. Logitech's solution is insanely expensive and poorly thought out. But to their credit, the g pro wireless is lighter and better than any corsair mouse.

For those with wireless charging pads, are you guys also running an extended mouse/kyb pad? I've fallen in love with having a big work pad and unsure if the charging pad will work if I was to put it underneath said pad.

I know there are some extended pads with qi charging but I dont really see anyone using them.

Back