Is there anything better than kazaa lite?

Glow

Supreme [H]ardness
I tried direct connect tonight and I can't say I am a fan I can't get into most of the groups. Anywho it seems like not as many people use kazaa lite or something or maybe I have an older version but what other programs do you guys use? Or can reccomend?

I love edonkey2000. Havent used Kazaa in over a year. This is in the wrong forum though...

Glow said:
anyone ever try shareanza?
I've heard lots about it, but I tend to stay away from the ones the RIAA is monitoring. Thats why I got off kazaa. Edonkey is fast, and there are millions of users. You can find anything you want, trust me. ;) Not that I download anything pirated though. :D

shareaza works great for me, lotta results and no spy/adware bundled with it. No complaints.

Borealis said:
shareaza works great for me, lotta results and no spy/adware bundled with it. No complaints.
With this program do you choose a certain network to connect to? I didn't under network and in my settings I set it to connect to both. What works best?

i love my limewire :) And its funny because you can download limewire pro off of limewire so all your downloads are turbocharged and you don't have to pay lol

i like bit torrent for my freeware software and demo's
and i sometimes use WinMX to download uncopyrighted, legal MP3's

:)

bit torrent is great, i used it to download all the doom 3 movies and high res screenshots

AMD T-type said:
i like bit torrent for my freeware software and demo's
and i sometimes use WinMX to download uncopyrighted, legal MP3's

:)

WinMX has taken a hard hit in the last year.

Oh man I use a bunch of diffenet stuff.

eMule (there are a ton of sites to find links to download files, or you can just use the built in search function). able to find everything from apps to xxx

IRCspy.com, can find some things, others are hard to find, and sometimes hard to find servers online. able to find everything from apps to xxx

Azerus A torrent client, used with supernova.org or whatever it is seems to be a good spot to find a lot of stuff. so far only able to find mostly apps to music no xxx

Tried:
Kazaa, still use to find tunes sometimes, but can usually find whole albums using the other programs.
eDonkey/Overnet, too much a hassle, and now they want you to pay for a 'pro' version.
Limewire, not bad, haven't used in a while.

Not tried:
Bareshare or whatever
DC
WinMX
Morpheaus

Heard of:
Trusty Files, supposed to grab from a bunch of different clients such as Kazza, bareshare, morpheus, and others, but I haven't tried it.

I am able to find just about anything I need or want on one of the clients I use. Now if I only had somewhere to store all this crap I download. I need to get me a DVD Burner or a ton of more HDD space, 300GB seems to be running out in a hurry. I bet if I put all the XXX, MP3s, and Apps I have I wouldn't come close with the current space I have. I have stacks of CDs with stuff on them :)

Gotta love the internet.

mrmagoo_83 said:
eDonkey/Overnet, too much a hassle, and now they want you to pay for a 'pro' version.
Why is it a hassle? Cause you have to setup port forwarding? It takes like 1min. to do. All the Pro version does is remove the banner ads. An easy way to keep them from coming up is to disable everything in IE, and use another browser. Its no hassle to me, and I have used pretty much all of the rest.

With any of these programs you must open up port forwarding just about.

Its been so long since I used it I don't even remember the xact reasons I don't like it :)

I like eMule. The only bad thing is that it can be very hard to get files that only a few people have. But its great if your looking for popular things. If you leave it on long enough I'm sure you'd be able to get the hard to get files.

Before using any file sharing program, make sure your PC is in good condition. The perfromance of just about any file sharing program would suck if you have less than 256 MB of RAM. File sharing programs are major RAM hogs. According to the task manager, eMule usually uses 50,000 k + of memory when its running. (But I have tweaked the maximum number of connections to something really high and am downloading lots of things at once.) Overall, eMule gets a thumbs up.

Is eMule one of the networks that is being monitored by the RIAA or BSA? Exactly what networks are being monitored and by whom?

Newsgroups > everything else.

Next best thing after that is probably DC++ (Direct Connect)

Dragon365 said:
Agreed, Ares Lite finds a lot of freeware these days.
whats a good version of Ares lite? Anyone gimme a link

Back